braiding advice: please help

sylviaetc

hi ladies... i would like to get some tpe of braids for the summer, but n the past when i've gotten them my hair actually started to turn into "dreadlocks" at the root and i lost alot of hair untangling my hair fom he extentions. my mother says that my hair just can't tolerate braids; but i'm curious to know if theres a better explanation that will enable me to braid wothout the bonding of my hair to the extention. i really want braids, lol i'm so tired of dealing with my hair. i need a break! HELP!
TIA

sylvia, my trick is to redo the braids every once in a while. I usually do this with human braids and because I usually do my braids myself it's not a problem. If you don't do your own braids that may be difficult to do. You don't want to ruin your style.

lol i'v attempted to braid on one occasion and it came out looking horrible! as i was walking some of the braids slid out; and i'm walking swinging my head thinking i look cute, while leaving a trail behind me... but thanks anyway...

LOL! That was going to be my suggestion, to re-do your braids. I leave mine in for two months then re-do em, I found that helps. I don't use human hair, just Kanekalon Softex.

Back