Braiders in Charlotte?

Salsarisma

I'm heading into week 17 of a 26 week stretch, and my NG is getting hard to handle. I want to get Alicia Keys style cornrows, but I'm terrified of walking into a random African braid shop. I need someone who is not going to braid too tight or wreck havoc on my edges. Kitchen braiders are fine too. TIA!

aww i wish i could help! but i haven't gotten braids since 2006 so who knows if the same braiders still work in the shop i went to.

My best frined has micros and her stylist, Lisa does a great job!! She's located off of Ildewild and Harris Blvd intersection. She charges around $150 but you have to purchase the hair yourself. If interested, let me know and I'll get her info for you.

Sorry I can't help because I have only worn braids once in my life and the person/braid shop that did my hair was Aabies

I would not recommend, stay away from Aabies

**maybe you can DIY? There are alot of nice tutorials.

Thanks ladies. I found a few places that I'm going to go to for a consultation. I too learned about Aabies the hard way!

I wish I could do them myself, but I've tried and was unsuccessful:-(

Sorry I can't help because I have only worn braids once in my life and the person/braid shop that did my hair was Aabies

I would not recommend, stay away from Aabies

**maybe you can DIY? There are alot of nice tutorials.

I second that speaking from personal experience they ruined my edges, didn't braid past my hair ( micro braids) and when i when to have the front rebraided and told the braider were my hair stopped she didnt believe me and cut it higher bc she was too lazy to take down the entire braid:nono:.

hello ladies, wow alot of you here in the QC. I have a girl that is excillent at braiding.. she is the only one that I trust with my hair and she does exactly what I want, anyway here is the problem she is dam hard to get an app. with because not only does she work full time, she in school fulltime too. but send me a pm for her number . here is a pic i hope this pic does the braid some justice these pics were back in 08-09

Hi there...not sure if I'm too late but I recommend Bignons off of North Tryon. I've been there before for kinky twists, micros, sew ins. I hadn't been there in a while, but I've always had good experiences. They even have a website, http://www.bignons.com. Good luck!

hello ladies, wow alot of you here in the QC. I have a girl that is excillent at braiding.. she is the only one that I trust with my hair and she does exactly what I want, anyway here is the problem she is dam hard to get an app. with because not only does she work full time, she in school fulltime too. but send me a pm for her number . here is a pic i hope this pic does the braid some justice these pics were back in 08-09

Love your hair!! I'm PMing you.

Back