Braided Beauties: What are the bestest, cheapest, most effective products for braids?

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Braided beauties,

It seems that a lot of us are getting braids to help with stretches, low maintenance, and growth. I will be wearing braids for the remainder of the year.

I want to know what the best, cheapest and most effective products are for caring for braids.

Post your recommendations here...;)

Re: Braided Beauties: What are the bestest, cheapest, most effective products for bra

I love African Royale braid spray. I prefer that brand for 2 reasons.
#1 it is a black owned company, African Pride is not.
#2 I love the smell.

I also use diluted Infusium.
And Emu oil.
As I get more new growth I will also use Wild Growth Oil.

To Clarify (which I only do after swimming) I use Suave Deep Cleansing.

I do not deep condition while I'm braided.

Re: Braided Beauties: What are the bestest, cheapest, most effective products for bra

I mixed water, African Royale braid spray, and Infusium repairologie in one of my trusty spray bottles and sprayed my hair with that every night, sometimes in the morning as well. I washed my braids with Herbal Essences' "Hello Hydration" (smells HEAVENLY) once a week. When I took my braids out last week, my hair was so soft with NO build up, I didn't even clarify this time around.

I Like IC products
and Magic 8 Oil.
I am currently braided up too. I am also trying MTG for the first time with braids.

Actually for me it is very simple. I put water and a cheapie conditioner (V05 or sauve) in a spray bottle and spray my braids twice a day (morning and night) and then I seal with olive oil. I use my own sulfur mix either everyday or every other day and I rinse my braids 3 to 4 times a week. Thats about it! I like to pretty much keep it simple.:yep:

Yep, this is what i do---but i don't use oil.
Tried that, and just a little, but is was waayyy to oily and left oil on my pillowcase. :nono:

I tend to use Better Braids braid spray as I've found it to be the most moisturizing braid spray for my hair. If I cain't find any or run out, I juss use Care Free Curl and spray my braids twice a day. I seal with almond oil and baggy at night. Hardly any breakage or shedding as long as my hair stays moist. I'm thinking about trying something different next time around, though.

I mixed water, African Royale braid spray, and Infusium repairologie in one of my trusty spray bottles and sprayed my hair with that every night, sometimes in the morning as well. I washed my braids with Herbal Essences' "Hello Hydration" (smells HEAVENLY) once a week. When I took my braids out last week, my hair was so soft with NO build up, I didn't even clarify this time around.

How long did you leave your braids in?

Actually for me it is very simple. I put water and a cheapie conditioner (V05 or sauve) in a spray bottle and spray my braids twice a day (morning and night) and then I seal with olive oil. I use my own sulfur mix either everyday or every other day and I rinse my braids 3 to 4 times a week. Thats about it! I like to pretty much keep it simple.:yep:

Ok, what type of V05 or Suave do you use? Would the Strawberries and milk be ok?

I do the sponge moisturizing method since my braids are about pencil size and if I tried to spray them, the moisturizer wouldn't get to my hair but just sit on top of the braids.

Does your hair feel moisturized when taking your braids out and it seems like you either have smaller braids than I do or aren't using any extensions? Am i correct?

Back