Braid styles for a ROUND FACE and flat head LOL

trinidarkie1

:lachen: hey ladies,
I'm at week 10 post relaxer as of this Saturday March 4th.
I'm experiencing some hair loss, some say it's normal shedding some say that my hair is not used to being undone for so long.

So, I've decided to continue to let my hair rest by getting braids done.
so I need some help.

I dont have the patience to do micros or box braids.. why? because they hurt real bad, are harder for ME to manage. So I want to experiment with cornrow braids.

I have a round face and a flat head. ( guess my parents didnt pick me up much :lol:) so I wanted some ideas on styles, I dont know if I can pull of that mohawk thing or whatever..

HELP PLEASE!

trinidarkie1 said:
:lachen: hey ladies,
I'm at week 10 post relaxer as of this Saturday March 4th.
I'm experiencing some hair loss, some say it's normal shedding some say that my hair is not used to being undone for so long.

So, I've decided to continue to let my hair rest by getting braids done.
so I need some help.

I dont have the patience to do micros or box braids.. why? because they hurt real bad, are harder for ME to manage. So I want to experiment with cornrow braids.

I have a round face and a flat head. ( guess my parents didnt pick me up much :lol:) so I wanted some ideas on styles, I dont know if I can pull of that mohawk thing or whatever..

HELP PLEASE!

Hmmm
I have a round face too and a cornrowed style I got compliments on alot was basically a cornrowed styled with the hair braided into a side upper ponytail with the falling hair curled and hanging down. At first I thought the style was too "ghetto" for me, but people really liked it. I'm not best at describing the style, but I believe Alicia keys had her hair like this except her hair was braided to the ends in her "Karma" video.

Thanks so much mahogany. I feel the same about styles like that too :lol:

I have a turtle neck/no neck, so cornrowed braids low on the nape might not be a good look for me, I'll consider that pony tail, but I dont know if I can do the to the side look :lol:

*looking for Alicia Keys' hair style*

My suggestion is to get 2-3 rows of cornrolls--that way it is fuller in the back, plus, 1 row just shows of the shape of your head more.

here is a site w/ cornrolls:
http://www.shataribraid.com/Cornrolls.htm

*I like some of those cornroll styles--like this one-- w/ a phony pony--cute*
cherylcorn.jpg

flip through some hair mag.--I'm sure you'll find something cute

I've had my hair done by Shatari, she does great work, expensive but good.

ayoung1981 said:
My suggestion is to get 2-3 rows of cornrolls--that way it is fuller in the back, plus, 1 row just shows of the shape of your head more.

here is a site w/ cornrolls:
http://www.shataribraid.com/Cornrolls.htm

*I like some of those cornroll styles--like this one-- w/ a phony pony--cute*
cherylcorn.jpg

flip through some hair mag.--I'm sure you'll find something cute

Back