braid spray vs s-curl /???

ineedmoney

i just got my hair braided thursday and i want to make sure i can gain as much growth from this style( cornrows) as i can. i'm planing to oil my scalp w/ olive oil, but what about my hair. is the oil enough or do i need spray. and if so which, braid spray or that good ole activator?

Neither one for me. I tried using braid sprays in the past and they caused a heavy, sticky build up. I've never tried activator. I've always used a moisturizing spray with no problems.

[ QUOTE ]
i just got my hair braided thursday and i want to make sure i can gain as much growth from this style( cornrows) as i can. i'm planing to oil my scalp w/ olive oil, but what about my hair. is the oil enough or do i need spray. and if so which, braid spray or that good ole activator?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont particularly like the olive oil on my scalp when I have braids or at all. I think it's too heavy. For your scalp I would try the Profectiv 3 in one phase oil for your scalp and for your edges. If you really need to use a braid spray I really like Sulpher 8's braid spray. It does not smell the same way as the grease. Let me know how it works out whatever you end up using.

Better Braids Sulfur Spray is awesome. It dries with no build up. My hair has grown quite a bit just by using this stuff.

[ QUOTE ]
Better Braids Sulfur Spray is awesome. It dries with no build up. My hair has grown quite a bit just by using this stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of braids did you have in when you are using this?

I don't have braids. They make a whole line of products supposedly for braids but I use all the products and my hair is relaxed.

I have medium micros and i do the following:
use a watery leave in after i wash - infusium. Then i apply s curl activator on the length of my braids.I then oil my scalp (on wash day only)using a light oil like carrot oil or kemi. Daily i use african pride braid spray or s curl spray.

HTH

Back