Braid Slippage

girlyprincess23

I was wondering when measuring your growth while in braids/ cornrows how much should you contribute to slippage, if any? I know on the crown and glory site she mentions that the braids are pretty tight around the hair so they can't slip that much. I was jst wondering because I don't want to delude myself with how much growth i've gotten in a month. Because depending on the area of my head there's like almost 2 inches in the back and 1 inch in the front. When i touch the hair it does feel like new growth (curly/slightly coarse), but I dont want to fool myself into thinking I got 2 inches in a month from cornrows and an MN mix, i was just wondering what you ladies think.

Good question-I am experiencing the same issue. I think for me, I will just wait and meausure once they're out again since I took snapshots immediatly before I put mine in. Otherwise, I would sit here and claim my 1/4 and 1/2 inch in two weeks:spinning:Oh but I wish

Good question-I am experiencing the same issue. I think for me, I will just wait and meausure once they're out again since I took snapshots immediatly before I put mine in. Otherwise, I would sit here and claim my 1/4 and 1/2 inch in two weeks:spinning:Oh but I wish

You should. I know my cornrows, sew in weaves, and singles all grow my hair like CRAZY. when I don't have braids my growth is S-L-O-W. when i slap those braids in it seems to just come pouring out my head. I grew a twa to shoulder length in 1.5 years with constant braids and just watching my edges. I wish i could wait but im leaving these in until february when im getting a texturizer for valentine's day, tryin to surprise the SO you know! Now i just have to figure what to do with the bald spot the braider left in the front middle of my head from braiding too tight telling me my hair is too fine...pshht!!

Back