Braid Salon in DC area

PrincessScorpion

I am looking for a good braider in the Washington DC area. When I say good I mean one that is not going to do them to tight that my edges and hair breaks off. I am trying to bounce back from damage not pay to create more. I would like to do braids for awhile until I decide what I am going to do with my hair. Thanks for any help that you all can give me.

did you find a braider. I'm looking for the same thing. I'm considering transitioning back to natural hair and wanted to find a good braider who doesn't braid too tight or cost and hair and a leg

PLEASE help, ladies. I'm desperate! :drowning: I need the name and number of a good, reasonably priced braider in the metro area.

I haven't gotten my hair braided in several months, but when I do I get mine done I go to Braids, Inc. It's in Laurel of off I-95 (not far from the IKEA if I can recall correctly). I went there 3 times and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!! I can't really refer you to a particular person b/c I can't remember names at the moment :blush: All I know is Gilbert owns the place. I never went to the same person twice and I never had a bad job done. My hair is natural and VERY thick, but they handle it like a pro with no complaints and make sure not to damage it 1

I always get SOO many compliements after going to them (I get the laced braids), their prices are average, its not in the hood, and they are reasonably swift. More importanly, they don't braid the hair too tight, I have not had any problems with breakage or braids slipping out. Just to warn you, they do glue the ends (@ least for the lacing) but they ALWAYS braid down well past your hair; if this is an issue to you I am sure you can resquest an alternative (i.e. knotting or just leaving it loose). I have had a great experience every time I've been, and would enthusiastically recommend them!! :grin:

Here is their website: http://www.braidsinc.com/index.html

HTH! :)

Last edited:
I haven't gotten my hair braided in several months, but when I do I get mine done I go to Braids, Inc. It's in Laurel of off I-95 (not far from the IKEA if I can recall correctly). I went there 3 times and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!! I can't really refer you to a particular person b/c I can't remember names at the moment :blush: All I know is Gilbert owns the place. I never went to the same person twice and I never had a bad job done. My hair is natural and VERY thick, but they handle it like a pro with no complaints and make sure not to damage it 1

I always get SOO many compliements after going to them (I get the laced braids), their prices are average, its not in the hood, and they are reasonably swift. More importanly, they don't braid the hair too tight, I have not had any problems with breakage or braids slipping out. Just to warn you, they do glue the ends (@ least for the lacing) but they ALWAYS braid down well past your hair; if this is an issue to you I am sure you can resquest an alternative (i.e. knotting or just leaving it loose). I have had a great experience every time I've been, and would enthusiastically recommend them!! :grin:

Here is their website: http://www.braidsinc.com/index.html

HTH! :)

So what did you get and how much did they charge?

So what did you get and how much did they charge?

I got the lacing b/c my hair is too long for the regular micro (it would have been way more braid and less hair than I desire). I forgot exactly how much I paid, I remember thinking the price was average (neither high nor low) and their work was excellent.

Back