Braid Removal

carrie

Anyone got suggestion to make this easier?????? I am taking Friday off from work to get these out! This is the only part I hate about the braids. They have been in a total of 2 full months (with a retouch) I have a good amount of new growth.

I plan on removing and wahing and deep conditioning. I'll get my hair cornrowed (big ones) probably for the next 2 weeks then re-braid.

carrie, faith always recommends one of those braid sprays to remove them. she said it makes it easier to make them slip off. i always mean to get some before i take my braids down but can never remember the name. it's either Better Braids Un-Braid or African Pride Ease Out Spray. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

anyway, since i always forget which, i end up just putting olive oil on my braids and get to work. i think the most important thing is to detangle COMPLETELY before washing and conditioning. you can lose alot of hair if you fail to do so. once the shampoo or condition goes on and it's not detangled, it can become matted. so that's my biggest piece of advice.

adrienne

I just removed my micro-braids by cutting the braid as much as possible and instead of using a braid removal spray I used a sexual lubricant called Eros. The braids eased out quickly, but it took about three shampoos to remove all of the lube.

Good Luck

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
i think the most important thing is to detangle COMPLETELY before washing and conditioning. you can lose alot of hair if you fail to do so. once the shampoo or condition goes on and it's not detangled, it can become matted. so that's my biggest piece of advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Carrie, this advice is dead on!! This is sooooo important. You can remove all of your braids without losing much hair. But if you don't completely detangle, it will be a total waste of time because your hair will mat and/or lock when you shampoo. Sounds like you're doing the right thing by taking a day off so you'll have the whole weekend. As long as it takes, make sure you're totally detangled before shampooing.

Back