Bra Strap to Chin Length in 5..4...3...2...

ShortyDooWhop

Ok ladies, So I was feeling spontaneous and cut of about 5 1/2 inches of hair. While I really need to chop off my hair because it was thinning out and looked stringy, I feel naked without my hair. I'm still trying to get used to this look. :ohwell: Has anyone else had cutter's remorse

YES! I remember reading an article about Jennifer Anniston when she got her bangs cut in like the 6 or 7th season of Friends and her saying she regretted it. I remembered thinking they looked great and she was just being silly.

Fast forward to March 2010 and I got bangs cut. I told my SO at the time that it was the biggest mistake I had ever made in my life. Of course I was exaggerating but I regretted them the moment she moved the scissors from my forehead.

They are growing back and they did look good.

Back in October my SO at the time introduced me to a friend of his and she had bangs and I complimented them. When we got in the car he said, "Don't even think of cutting your bangs again. I am not going through that again."

my cut wasn't as drastic as yours OP, but i recently cut from a lil past APL to SL, but it was the best thing for my hair (too many split ends that dusting would do no justice)

In 2007, I went to a salon for a blow out so that I could get some braids. The stylist said that I needed a cut because my hair was damaged :ohwell:

I let him cut it...I was watching him while he cut my very huge fro that kind of spilled from my scalp into a lovely arch that was about APL. It was the frist time I ever got a hair cut and cried. It was a case of serious cutter's remorse. A week before my bithday and I was bald - that was not the plan!

Take heart, OP, with good methods you will get your hair back!

I went from BSL to a CL bob due a run-in with a SHS. I loved the bob, it was cute and just in time for summer. I didn't get cutter's remorse until my length twins started reaching MBL and WL. I was :crybaby:

I am confused as to how 5.5 inches takes one from BSL to Chin Length. Ching Length plus 6 inches is barely past Shoulder Length.

I JUST cut my hair (yesterday as matter of fact) Ppl kept telling me I had to let go of those ratty looking ends but I was soo obsessed with the length I didnt care, now I cant wait to get my length back. And hopefully healthier this time! LOL.

Yes,that has happen to me before...Thats why I DO NO TRUST SALONS>>>

Happy Hair Growing!

She may be a shorty...I am 5'6 and 6 inches is Chin to APL for me..

I am a shorty btw. By all the polls and threads on here, shoulder to apl average is 6 inches. Your 6 inches from chin to APL, while interesting, is still not BSL. No ones chin to BSL is 6 inches, lest they are missing a neck :perplexed.

Last edited:
Ok ladies, So I was feeling spontaneous and cut of about 5 1/2 inches of hair. While I really need to chop off my hair because it was thinning out and looked stringy, I feel naked without my hair. I'm still trying to get used to this look. :ohwell: Has anyone else had cutter's remorse

Cool story, sis

YES! I remember reading an article about Jennifer Anniston when she got her bangs cut in like the 6 or 7th season of Friends and her saying she regretted it. I remembered thinking they looked great and she was just being silly.

Fast forward to March 2010 and I got bangs cut. I told my SO at the time that it was the biggest mistake I had ever made in my life. Of course I was exaggerating but I regretted them the moment she moved the scissors from my forehead.

They are growing back and they did look good.

Back in October my SO at the time introduced me to a friend of his and she had bangs and I complimented them. When we got in the car he said, "Don't even think of cutting your bangs again. I am not going through that again."

Now, you have me nervous! I thought I had a lesser chance of developing the Cutter's Remorse Syndrome with bangs, but I guess I was wrong. :ohwell:

I am a shorty btw. By all the polls and threads on here, shoulder to apl average is 6 inches. Your 6 inches from chin to APL, while interesting, is still not BSL. No ones chin to BSL is 6 inches, lest they are missing a neck :perplexed.

I was responded to your post about 6 inches from chin length barely being shoulder that is why I pointed out that 6 inches from chin can be APL which is longer than being barely past shoulder. I don't follow polls and what not to know what the norm or average is. Maybe she meant from BSL to neck length or maybe she has no neck hahahaha...I just don't analyze folks measurements and posts like that.

Back