boyfriends random baldspot

celiabug

My boyfriend has a rat tail braid and right next to it is a big round bald spot (about the size of a quarter.)

I thought it was from the barber and I told him the barber messed it up but he said his hair is falling out there. And I've noticed its just been getting bigger and bigger.

Its completely bald. He doesn't know what's causing it. I rubbed some jamaican black castor oil on it just because. But what could be causing this random bald spot and how can I help him with it?

I would suggest He see a dermatologist to rule out any medical issues and go from there.

I also recommend that he see a doctor. I hope that it isn't alopecia, but I read an article about a woman who had alopecia begin at the back of her head, and the bald spot started off about the size of a quarter, too.

He should see someone soon. I wish him well.

It may be some type of scalp fungus. Maybe a ringworm

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy III using LHCF

It might be ringworm. You should disinfect after touching it. Ringworm can be spread by barbers clippers/brush-- so he may have got it there. It is contagious. Side note: why does he have a "rat tail"? I haven't seen one since the eighties.

It might be ringworm. You should disinfect after touching it. Ringworm can be spread by barbers clippers/brush-- so he may have got it there. It is contagious. Side note: why does he have a "rat tail"? I haven't seen one since the eighties.

Lol he's Hispanic. I seem to know a lot of Hispanics with rattails.

No offense, but it seems to me that your bf has a lot of health issues. I've noticed a few threads where you were concerned about his weight (5'11 and 112 lbs) and now this. Sounds like he needs a serious medical work up/physical exam. The bald spot and the fact that he's extremely underweight may be symptoms of one specific illness.

Sounds like Alopecia. The same thing happened to me once. In fact, right in the same spot. He may want to visit the dermatologist to verify. If it is alopecia there isn't much that can be done. His hair will eventually grow back on its own.

No offense, but it seems to me that your bf has a lot of health issues. I've noticed a few threads where you were concerned about his weight (5'11 and 112 lbs) and now this. Sounds like he needs a serious medical work up/physical exam. The bald spot and the fact that he's extremely underweight may be symptoms of one specific illness.

I know and he has been diagnosed with kidney stones twice since we have been together in 5 months. Idk what to do anymore

Back