Bought some Linange Shea Butter Texturizer...Need Help!

PocketVenus

Hi Everyone,

So I plan on texturizing my hair using the linange texturizer. I've never self-relaxed or texturized, but I have like 9 threads already bookmarked, for how people put it in, apply, how to wait etc. Although if you have any tips, they'd be welcome.:grin:

My question is:
I'm in box braids at the moment, and plan to take them out next week (although i'm not in TOO much of a hurry). How long do I have to wait to texturize? And how do I prepare my hair for it?

I've been DC'ing 2x regularly with Joico Moisture Recovery Conditioner, plus Garlic Conditioner, plus sealing coconut oil and olive oil, in addition to my daily spritz of Infusium 23, plus a bunch of other things. (If interested see some of my posts). Basically, I feel like my hair is healthy *enough.*

What would you advise?

Thank you so so much in advance :bighug:. I'm really excited to wear my hair out of weaves/braids, and just want to make sure that I do it right.

sounds like you are doing all the right things. My experience with Linage was very easy going. I used it and had no burning what so ever. I rinsed after about 10 or 15 minutes, neutralized with Jherri Redding's Natural Protein Conditioner, neutralized with Motions conditioner, neutralized again with Motions neutralizing shampoo, Shampooed with Aveda's Damage Remedy and followed up with the conditioner. Pretty much like a regular relaxer process. It came out great.

Back