Botonoil

msmerc

I just shampooed with Botonoil shampoo by Nexxus. It is supposed to be good for relaxed hair. My hair was "squeaky clean" and felt dry afterward. I used the Humectress for 15 minutes without heat. My hair was moistuirized but not as well as with other conditioners. Neither one did anything special for my hair. Has anyone else had a drying effect with these products?

I guess it depends on your hair/how you use the product.

My mom said Therappe made her hair feel dry (even though i didnt feel it since i do her hair most of the time).. so she switched to Botanoil and loved it. Yet I love Therappe but dont care for Botanoil. Neither of us have a problem with Humectress but then again, we use it with heat for 20 minutes.

..in case you didnt know, i'm the resident LHCF Nexxus Club President, you can't ask me a question about a Nexxus product and get a bad review.. so err.. you might want to wait until someone else posts. :lol:

I used to use Humectress and noticed that it felt really good when I first put it on, but later my hair felt really dry. I stopped using it. I don't use any of the Nexus products. Some of them have mineral oil which someone posted maybe why my hair feels drier.

Like Candibaby, I am a longtime Nexxus user and supporter. My hair feels very moisturized with Humectress - I leave it on for 30-45 minutes with plastic cap without heat.

I only shampoo once with Botanoil, I learned that from LHCF, and my hair feels great. Before LHCF, I would shampoo with Botanoil 3 times in one session before I was done - that left my hair very dry and squeaky clean. I used to think I needed to see lots of lather but I've learned that isn't necessary for any shampoo.

Are you shampooing more than once at wash time? Perhaps your hair would benefit most from conditioner washes.

Thanks Ladies,

Iwas really hoping the Nexxus would work for me. I have heard so many good things about it. I am going to give the Humectress a try with heat. I normally shampoo twice. I will keep the Botanoil and use as a clarifying shampoo. I can only wash my hair once a week now, but I plan to try conditioner washes when the weather warms up.

I am a nexxus lover and I use Botanoil, Humectress and others and it makes my hair soft and moisturized.

It's funny that you should post this because I used my Botanoil yesterday. It didn't leave my hair dry at all but I only lathered once. That is what I usually do with all my shampoos, no matter what brand. I find that when I do that, my hair feels less stripped and dry. Personally I think the shampoo made my hair feel stronger, when used with Keraphix and Humectress.

I used Botanoil last Sunday and it worked very well but I think I lathered 3 times as opposed to 2. I followed with Nexxus Emergencee and then washed that out again. I followed with Kenra MC though (I've tried Humectress once and I didn't see the big deal about it...Maybe I will try that again some other time).

I like Botanoil because it does leave my hair feeling clean and because I feel like it's therapeutic to my hair.

I use Botanoil Shampoo. If you use too much it can give your hair a dry feeling. Like LadyJoli I do believe that it is therapeutic to my hair and it feels velvety after I use it. I think its a good nourishing shampoo. I lather twice by the way, but, I'm not heavy handed with the shampoo.

Humectress isn't my cup of tea. I used to use it with heat and my hair would feel dry, without heat it would be hit or miss with the results so I just gave it away.

msmerc,

I don't know if this will help, but a hair stylist once told me that Botonoil shampoo was designed to be used after a pre-shampoo oil treatment. Even though they intend users to buy Botonoil hair oil with the Botonoil shampoo, I've found that EVOO is just as good.

Back