Bored With My Hair

Nanyanika

I can't do anything with it especially since i'm transitioing!!!i'm wearing braids so this helps to prevent too much mamnipulation, i don't want to straighten because i'm afraid of heat damage. i was thinking of having it cut to my shoulders...so its less hair to deal with, but it could take ages to grow back. its a nightmare i'm soo indecisive. ...transitioing is boring to me...i was natural 25 years and texturized for over a year. i'm not sure if i want to go back now,, my hair is doing well since oi've changed my regime, i conditioner wash often and I take more time to comb carefully and i have no more issues with demarcation line of diffrent textures anymore, just venting.

How about some accessories? Do you know how to do many different types of braids since they're working for you already?

I don't know if you want to apply any chemicals to your hair, but you can try coloring with a rinse or something.

Boadicea said:
How about some accessories? Do you know how to do many different types of braids since they're working for you already?

I don't know if you want to apply any chemicals to your hair, but you can try coloring with a rinse or something.
I have bought some new accessories like clips and stuff i always think my hair to scruffy looking to dress up.....my roots get so messy because of the newgrowth. i don't know how to do other braid styles, i may ask a friend for assistance. Would a rinse work on jet black hair?

Here are some braided styles you can teach yourself to do (or have a friend do it) http://dreamweaverbraiding.com/Braiding_Tips.htm

I don't know if a rinse will do the trick on jet black hair. Maybe a glossing rinse, then? It doesn't deposite any color, just makes hair shinier.

I don't think your hair is scruffy looking at all! Try them out!

I know one thing. Your hair looks so nice in your siggy pic. Is that a wash and go? You could try doing that style using different accessories each day.

Boadicea said:
Here are some braided styles you can teach yourself to do (or have a friend do it) http://dreamweaverbraiding.com/Braiding_Tips.htm

I don't know if a rinse will do the trick on jet black hair. Maybe a glossing rinse, then? It doesn't deposite any color, just makes hair shinier.

Thanks for providing the link the site i've saved it unsder my favourites, the styles are really nice, my friend will help me out with these styles. Does Jazzing do a glossing rinse? Thanks for your help.

Boadicea said:

Interesting site. I've never heard of a 5-strand braid before.
Thanks for posting it.

Allandra said:
I know one thing. Your hair looks so nice in your siggy pic. Is that a wash and go? You could try doing that style using different accessories each day.
Hi Allandra, yep its a wash and go style, i did back in November. Currently, my newgrowth woul'dn't blend in well, because the textures are noticeable different from the relaxed sections, but you have given me an idea to try braid-out styles. Thanks for the compliment.

Is Jazzing the stuff in the pink bottles? If it is, I think they do. I think L'Oreal also makes one. It was in a small gray bottle and it has an applicator tip. I tried it awhile back. It just said "Clear" on the bottle. It's not permanent so it won't mess up your hair.If you're worried about blending the two textures, a protective style or the like should work for concealing it. A braid/twist out is also a good idea.

Here's some more styles you can try since you've already got some accessories: http://www.dressytresses.com/hair-styles/default.asp

A good detangler should help with the new growth. Also, I've found that sometimes my hair looks better in a particular style the day after, or a couple of days after I've washed it. That new growth is really helpful at keeping my hairsticks from sliding out! Use it to your advantage! :)

Boadicea said:
Is Jazzing the stuff in the pink bottles? If it is, I think they do. I think L'Oreal also makes one. It was in a small gray bottle and it has an applicator tip. I tried it awhile back. It just said "Clear" on the bottle. It's not permanent so it won't mess up your hair.If you're worried about blending the two textures, a protective style or the like should work for concealing it. A braid/twist out is also a good idea.

Here's some more styles you can try since you've already got some accessories: http://www.dressytresses.com/hair-styles/default.asp

A good detangler should help with the new growth. Also, I've found that sometimes my hair looks better in a particular style the day after, or a couple of days after I've washed it. That new growth is really helpful at keeping my hairsticks from sliding out! Use it to your advantage! :)
Yes, Jazzing comes in a pink bottle. thanks for your help, i'm quite fortunate that i've produced a good detangler for my newgrowth so manageability isn't an issue anymore. i think its to do with versatilty of styles, i didn't have a clue what I could do with my hair. thanks for the new website link on more hairstyles...i'll save it, so i can refer to it. LOL!!! I'm going to find out the advantages of my newgrowth.

I am with you...I just got braids in yesterday and I don't like them. I'm not sure what it is but very few styles are appealing to me these days. My best friend uses alot of accessories in her 100% natural hair or when its braided so I agree with investing in them. As far as those braid styles or coloring, I would evaluate what exactly are you looking for so you don't end up doing something just because you were bored. (like me!) HTH

Back