Bored! Critique the regimen I am about to commence on my hair...

Harina

So my hair is just feeling very dry and stiff after doing my hair over the weekend. So I have decided to do a quick treatment on my hair this evening. If you have nothing else to do, please provide me with feedback of my regimen. I am doing the prepoo as I type, going to leave it on for 15 more minutes.

1. Prepoo with extra virgin coconut oil under a plastic cap and towel for thirty minutes.
2. After prepooing, finger detangle lightly.
3. Shampoo with Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo, lukewarm water.
4. Deep condition with Elasta QP DPR 411+ deep conditioner. Under plastic cap and towel for 30 minutes. Detangle some more.
5. Rinse with cold water.
6. Spritz with Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Mist, and seal with evoo.
7. Tension blow dry on medium heat with ionic blow dryer.
8. Put a little more evoo on the ends and make about 16 twists on my head.
9. Scarf.

Hmmm....I tend to avoid heat so I can't comment on the latter part, but if this worked for you, consider prepooing with coconut oil overnight. I've done this and it really helped soften my hair after shampooing, no stripping effects at all.

Well I wouldn't use a clarifying shampoo for each wash unless you only wash 1x month and I say that with an oily scalp. If it's only for tonight ya alright sounds good.

Well I wouldn't use a clarifying shampoo for each wash unless you only wash 1x month and I say that with an oily scalp. If it's only for tonight ya alright sounds good.

No, that was just for that one time. Thank You!

Hmmm....I tend to avoid heat so I can't comment on the latter part, but if this worked for you, consider prepooing with coconut oil overnight. I've done this and it really helped soften my hair after shampooing, no stripping effects at all.

I need to start avoiding heat as well because though my hair is retaining length, I can tell it's causing some damage. The 30 minutes prepoo for me was good but I will try overnight as well. I've done that with conditioners so I'm sure it would work well with coconut oil as well. Thank you!

Harina, except for the heat application, your regimen sounds sweet to me. Best of luck, have you read the protein moisture balance threads{Sistaslick}? They helped me a lot mid journey once I understood the importance.

Back