Bootcamp 2004 - For colored girls who consider

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
Oh my leave ins will be the inimitable Neutrogena Triple Mositure Cream Leave In and Serum. Da BOMB!

[/ QUOTE ]
Da Bomb is right, you ain't neva lied
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
bumping for Poohbear

[/ QUOTE ]

I've read this whole forum several weeks ago!
smile.gif
Thanks for your help Denali!
wink.gif

Oh Tracy, how wonderful! Tomorrow will be my first wash since the new color, and I'm joining your color army! You're GREAT!
grin.gif

Thanks Tracy,
I also try to maintain that balance of protein and moisture on m color treated ends as I grow out my highlights. I didn't know rinses were such an important factor. I'm glad I just did one. How often do you apply your rinse/semiperm?

Your welcome guys. This thread is a few weeks old - but I'm glad it's still helping people.
smile.gif

I apply a rinse once a month. Sometimes more if I've been swimming or washing my hair a lot since the prior application.

Tracy I am going to use Clairol Natural Instincts. Would you recommend that I color 1 week or 2 weeks after relaxing? And will this regime work for a semipermanent haircolor because I think that's what Clairol Natural Instincts is.

I stick to two if I can - but with natural instincts you can goa week if you MUST. But I'd stick to two. The most important thing is to have washed your hair a few times after the relaxer...so if you do it in a week make sure you wash 2 or 3 times during that week.

The regime is more for highlights and permie color, but hair colored with DEMIpermanants (which is actually what Natural Instincts is) could also use the TLC. You probably just don't have to be as diligent and frequent with the alternating treatments.

HTH
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ricamorena03 said:
Thanks Tracy! I have no problem waiting 2 weeks and I'll make sure to wash a few times after relaxing.

[/ QUOTE ]

even though this is for women who color i still find the information very useful for myself. the only problem i have is with the sealing. i am too chicken to seal myself. can this be done at a salon? and does the seal prevent moisture from getting into the ends? God bless you all.

Wow Tracy! Thanks for posting. My hair isn't colored but I still find these tips are invaluable. I didn't even know that rinses were good for the cuticle. I'm going to be trying these techniques this weekend. Thanks again!

Wow Tracy! Thanks for posting. My hair isn't colored but I still find these tips are invaluable. I didn't even know that rinses were good for the cuticle. I'm going to be trying these techniques this weekend. Thanks again!

Tracy,
In March 2004 I used Dark & lovely (poison) chestnut bronze to lighten my hair and it absolutely fried my ends. Some of my ends broke off leaving a scraggly appeareance. I trimmed my hair and the new ends as well as the cuticles feel rough and yukie.

What do you recommend,it's been 4 months?

Girl Im in the same boat. And theres no magic.
perplexed.gif
The only thing that can help hair (esp when its a color issue} that has reacted badly to chemical rocessing is to condition it and hope it responds (and it should unless you did something ridiculous like apply relaxer and bleach on the same day} or...cut it.

I like to cut gradually so you dont lose more than you need to. I also condition it like crazy. Adding a little light oil to the ends helps with the feel of my hair. Even tho its not something I usually us, I find nothing works to make truly fried color hair FEEL better (keeping in mind it wont actually BE better} than a little oil.

Tracy, I just colored my hair on Saturday, when would you suggest that I do a rinse. And, are the clear rinses better to use, or does it not make much of a difference?

Back