Book Report, Did I get this right?

Gia_981

Hi Everyone,

I join the board last fall and have been spending a crazy amount of time lately reading and re-reading posts trying to get information on how to take take of my recently relaxed hair (3 weeks, 4a/b) and I did. Since November I've been practicing weekly washings, daily moisture spritzs, protective styles, limited/no heat etc. When my hair was natural it was very thick (but damaged: dryness, split ends and breakage), however now that it's relaxed it's very flat and thin and I'm still dealing the same problems above except maybe for the split ends. I'm trying to gather information about certain products that I learned about while reading posts. I want to buy them but I would like additional info before I do so. This is what I think they should be used for:

Jojoba oil -- good for moisture (I have dry scalp and I hope this helps)

Vegetable glycerin -- excellent for daily moisture when mixed with water

Castor Oil -- good for ends (use sparingly)

Baking soda -- add to regular shampoo and voila! Clarifying shampoo

Honey -- Add to conditioner for extra moisture and slip (what is slip?)

Rosemary was mentioned a number of times for dry scalp, I checked it out, but it was pretty expensive. So I may forgo that one.

Questions: are there additional uses or benefits of these products? Did I miss anything?

I feel as if I'm giving a book report
lachen70.gif
. But I'd really appreciate any advice you could give. I also want to let you guys know how grateful I am that this site exists. Reading your posts and practicing some of your suggestions have given me the confidence that I can achieve healthy, thick and long hair.

Gia
smile.gif

slip is when a product makes your hair really easy to comb through and the comb just slips through your hair.

Sounds good but I don't think oil is the only thing you should use for moisture. Oil seals your ends and locks in moisture and protects against heat damage and natural elements. Maybe you should try using a moisturizer.

Back