Body Lotion in Hair

atl_mulattamami

Has anyone ever tried body lotion in the hair as a leave in conditioner? I tried this one time and my hair stayed very soft and silky throughout the day. I got the same results everytime I used it.

Cookie,
What body lotion did you try?
I have tried the vaseline intensive care lotion on my hair and I liked it, but it does have petroleum in it, so I haven't done it in a while.
:cool:

I wont lie, I used to use Keri Lotion or Vaseline Intensive care in my hair back in the days... It actually worked pretty well :D

When I was growing up, I knew some chicks who put Jergens in their hair. It always looked pretty and smelled delicious :)

Skin and hair treatments do contain many of the same ingredients, so it's perfectly safe to put lotion in your hair and use hair conditioner to moisturize your skin.

My mom has always done it and her hair is the healthiest. She uses the cheapie watery lotions. She's texturized and she just puts it on and she's out the door.

lisajames96 said:
Cookie,
What body lotion did you try?
I have tried the vaseline intensive care lotion on my hair and I liked it, but it does have petroleum in it, so I haven't done it in a while.
:cool:

I used this stuff called Luxe lotion...it smelled like candy! I'm about to try the Avalon Organics Lavender Hand and Body Lotion (to match my Avalon Organics Lavender Shampoo and Conditioner)

Haven't tried it in my hair but always use it for my daughter's hair.....makes it so soft....its a great detangler. If it makes your skin soft and moisturized, I see why it would do the same for your hair.

thattvgirl said:
My roomie in college put baby oil in her hair and her hair was always gorgeous, shiny and healthy.

I was just talking to my friend about hair moisturizer and she told me she just uses baby oil...her hair looks pretty and healthy all the time, it's long thick and curly but never frizzy. I'm tempted to try it

BLESSED1 said:
I was just talking to my friend about hair moisturizer and she told me she just uses baby oil...her hair looks pretty and healthy all the time, it's long thick and curly but never frizzy. I'm tempted to try it

Baby oil in the hair? All that is is putting mineral oil in your hair. But if you say it made it healthy I may try it. I'm always searching for that magic product to kill the frizz. IDK...I'll try it but will probably just stick with the body lotion (I'm scared of all that mineral oil!)

:grin: Back in the day, my friends from Trinidad put baby lotion in their hair. I used to always stare at their hair and wonder why mine didn't look like that (hey, we were kids). I remember asking them what they put in their hair, and they told me regular baby lotion...as if I was the only person in the world who didn't do it :lol: .

In Andre's hair book he says that many are searching for the perfect product to tame their curly hair when all along they could have been using body lotion. I don't remember his exact words...but you know how it is you've tried 100 curly hair products, and none of them worked as well as you thought. Most of them end up collecting dust, and all along you could have been saving all that money and using something as simiple as body lotion...only one product instead of 2 or 3 on one head to do one job. I've tried lotion too...and it does work!

-tru

I also used to use Keri Lotion & Baby lotion in my hair. It left my hair soft and shinny. :woot:

Last edited:
I may try the baby lotion. I'm thinking that since it's no thicker than Motions' hair lotion (and it smells better) I don't know why it wouldn't work...

Back