Bobby Pins and wet/damp hair. Bad idea?

T

Tee

I've been trying the "wrapping" technique where you take the hair on one side of the head and pin it to the other side, and vice versa. I'm worried about any damage using bobby pins on my wet hair could cause. What do you ladies think?

[ QUOTE ]
I've been trying the "wrapping" technique where you take the hair on one side of the head and pin it to the other side, and vice versa. I'm worried about any damage using bobby pins on my wet hair could cause. What do you ladies think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had my suspicions about bobby pins and wet hair. I Think I'm going to look for something else to pin my hair up with at night. I usually put my hair into 2 braids or buns and pin them up. I've seen small, satin ponytail holders, with no metal on them in Wal-mart; I might try those.

Re: Bobby Pins and wet/damp hair. Bad idea?

I use plastic pins on my wet hair. Here's a picture of what I use (can be purchased at Sally Beauty Supply).
grip-tuth-40101-shell.jpg

No No No to wet hair and bobby pins. They will "pop" your tresses once you remove the pins unless you are very careful but I believe that you shouldn't even take the chance.
Allandra - WHOA, thanks for the pic of the pins, i will definately be picking this up now that I know there is a Sally's in Co-op.

[ QUOTE ]
Gotta get me some of those
smile.gif
. Thanks Allandra
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ME too.

Scuncii's comfort curved bobbi pins are also great. I use them on wet hair all the time with no problem. They have no sharp edges or those little plastic thingys that always come off so you don't have to keep throwing them out. Plus they are sold in a set that has three different sizes... I am always buying new ones because the girls on my floor love to borrow them. -Ashley
antlers.gif

Scuncii Comfort Curved Bobbi Pins

[ QUOTE ]
Scuncii's comfort curved bobbi pins are also great. I use them on wet hair all the time with no problem. They have no sharp edges or those little plastic thingys that always come off so you don't have to keep throwing them out. Plus they are sold in a set that has three different sizes... I am always buying new ones because the girls on my floor love to borrow them. -Ashley
antlers.gif

Scuncii Comfort Curved Bobbi Pins

[/ QUOTE ]

i use these too, but i might pick up some of the plastic ones.

I also use the Good Hair Days pins and love them. They are great!

Lecaste

Thanks, Alandra! This is exactly what I need.

I didn't know those existed! I use a LOT of bobby pins (coated wire ones) when I wear a ponytail and while I try to be careful the plasic look much gentler.

[ QUOTE ]
Where can the scruni supplies be purchased?

[/ QUOTE ]

I get mine from Target or the grocery store. They are right with all the hair accessories. I think they are available almost anywhere....
antlers.gif

Do you think these are safe for wet hair? They are opened and about 3" or 4" long...

270101.jpg

Hmmm. I'm not sure Sassygirl. I'd stick with the plastic ones just to be on the safe side. Do you have the plastic ones in your area?

[ QUOTE ]
I use plastic pins on my wet hair. Here's a picture of what I use (can be purchased at Sally Beauty Supply).

[/ QUOTE ]

Allandra,
I tried the plastic pins on wet hair, and they worked so much better than bobby pins, but I had a hard time trying to style my hair with them the next day, so I had to use the bobby's, but I loved them on my just rinsed hair.thanks.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Allandra. These things are great on wet and dry hair. Allandra turned me onto to these. I love them. They don't pull your hair and they really grip.

Back