Bob Maintenance--past & present bob wearers, holler at me

My only advice is if you ever plan to wear it in a WNG and not straighten, get it cut in the curly state or whatever shrinkage you get even tho relax will drive you crazy. At least it did me when I was too lazy back in the day to blow dry and wrap.

I agree with Shelew--get a long bob. To the other ladies--great bobs! It's making me mine. I had a bob a long, long time ago. I got mine done at a Vidal Sasson--with a trainee, later went back when she was a regular stylist.

I have mine long enough where it can be pulled back. I wear it straight, curly, twistout, etc... I trim myself because I am scissors happy. I got my hair cut 11 weeks ago and I'm 11 weeks post. I'm not having any issues with the cut.

I wore a bob for many years and loved it. Used to get it roller wrapped at the salon every 2 weeks. Earlier this year, I was craving it back so I ended up getting g a sew-in weave instead. Wore it 4 weeks then had my stylist cut it even shorter. Still loved it, but I was missing my ponytails.

Last edited:
Loved my bob hairdo! Whatever you do have fun with it! The bob weave sounds like an excellent idea if you're not comfty cutting your beautiful locks. From the sound of it, IMO I don't think the weave will do. I think you want to actually cut your own hair b/c sometimes we all just want a change. A long bob worked great b/c I could style it so many ways, rollerset, bantu knot outs braid outs etc and when all else failed I could still put it up in a ponytail/bun and KIM. Whatever you do, I'm sure you'll be happy with the outcome.

Supergirl,

If you really want a Bob, get a hair cut or just find a Bob wig to wear. I wear my hair curly most of the time, so 'Bob maintenance' is no such thing for me. I love my hair cut, and I plan on getting it cut once more.

@Allandra

Now that you have cut your hair, what advice would you give me?
I am going through one of my "tempted to cut my hair again" phases.

Cons:

Three years later and I'm still growing out that annoying lob shape.
It was a ***** to keep straight.

Pros:

Cute curly bob when natural :)

@Supergirl

My Bob is even all the way around (aka non-lopsided). Yes, I'm STILL loving it. I plan on getting it cut again (same exact style, just shorter).

@Supergirl,

If you really want a Bob, get a hair cut or just find a Bob wig to wear. I wear my hair curly most of the time, so 'Bob maintenance' is no such thing for me. I love my hair cut, and I plan on getting it cut once more.

Last edited:
Back