Blowing Out Roots

LaShanne

I read all the time where people will rollerset their hair, then "blow out" the roots to get a smooth look. Or they'll blow out their roots to help with stretching a relaxer. How exactly do you blow out your roots? and what tools are you using? Thanks.

Hi LaShanne :wave:

I think this varies from person to person, but some people hold sections of hair taut and run a blow dryer back and forth over the roots. I've tried this with my ceramic blowdryer, and it works really well for me.

I've also seen people use a comb attachment on a blowdryer and work the comb into the roots to straighten them, but they don't run the dryer all the way down the strands.

I'm sure other ladies will come in and offer you other tools and techniques, but these seem to be the two most popular.

{DI}

I have never done it myself, but my stylist would take a handheld dryer and a fine tooth comb and apply the heat directly at the roots while only combing the roots or new growth...hth!

Divine Inspiration said:
Hi LaShanne :wave:

I think this varies from person to person, but some people hold sections of hair taut and run a blow dryer back and forth over the roots. I've tried this with my ceramic blowdryer, and it works really well for me.

I've also seen people use a comb attachment on a blowdryer and work the comb into the roots to straighten them, but they don't run the dryer all the way down the strands.

I'm sure other ladies will come in and offer you other tools and techniques, but these seem to be the two most popular.

{DI}
This is exactly what I do.:) Divine, girl your hair is growin' something fierce!!

aaahh, I see. Man, I get so confused because i thought the strand of hair where the NG and the relaxed hair meet, is the weakest point. if I blow out that area, it would seem that it would break it. but i guess it works if so many I'll give it a try. thanks all!

a lot of people go to the dominican salon to get this done. but i heard they use a REALLY hot dryer.

OT: Divine your hair is beautiful!

Hi,

The Dominicans use very high heat, a nozzle to concentrate the heat on the roots, and a small round bristle brush. Brushing the hair downward and directing the nozzle on the 1 - 2 inch hair section that is brushed taught does the the trick. You dont let the heat touch the rest of the hair, only the roots. So it is brush down a few inches, pull taught, hold the dryer w/ a nozzle directly over the taught hair at a downward angle for about 5 seconds, move dryer from over hair, then continue brushing downwards falling short of touching ends with brush.

Hope this helps.
Bests

Back