Blowdrying your roots to stretch relaxer.....

vitamin_rc

I have quickly discovered that buy blowing out my roots really gets my hair straight..............but it doesn't last....I get puff hair in a few hours.....what am I doing wrong. I only use Biolage Leave-in tonic on the sections and apply the serum-blow dry and put in neat ponytail......no other styling products.....

vitamin_rc said:
I have quickly discovered that buy blowing out my roots really gets my hair straight..............but it doesn't last....I get puff hair in a few hours.....what am I doing wrong. I only use Biolage Leave-in tonic on the sections and apply the serum-blow dry and put in neat ponytail......no other styling products.....

I live in NC where humidity is tough on the hair. I recently started using Sleek.Look Smoothing System by Matrix. I have been using the styling creme for the past few days and I did tremendously well. The only thing was that though it worked, there is a fourth step that I didn't use ( I only used step three, but this wasn't the problem.). It is like a water-free spray for holding the style ( Accidently, use another product which re-frizzed up my hair. But prior to that the creme I was fine.) I just purchased it tonight so I have to write back with the results. I really love the styling creme because it eliminated the frizz and it softened my new growth alot and it seemed to give addition elasticuty to my strands. They had a sell buy one get the second half off at a salon at our Super Wal-mart. HTH :)

What ur doing wrong is that you aren't drying your hair long enough. U need to totally dry your hair or otherwise the moisture that's left on your strands will cause them to revert. I know cause i always blow my roots weekly when i am stretching... when i'm in a hurry i don't dry them long enough and my hair frizz up after 1hr, but when i have time i blow dry my hair until it's dry and my hair stays super straight and shiny for the rest of the week.

vitamin_rc said:

What about using Ion straightening shampoo and conditioner? I hear alot of the ladies here have used it with great results in getting the new growth "relaxed". Once you've washed and conditioned with it then try blow drying the roots straight. I plan on picking some of this up myself this weekend and giving it a try.

TeeTee2

Back