blowdryers

sunny

How many of you ladies use blowdryers to dry ur hair? Does anyone use them at least once a week or twice a month and have not had any damage? Can someone recommend a really good blowdryer, ionic, etc. thanx

I use my hairdryer at least once a wk w/a comb attachment. I try to airdry first while it is wrapped then I blowdry. I don't have anything fancy (Revlon Soft Grip 1875, 11 bucks!) but I get salon results when I take my time...
look.gif

No damage!

oh by the way...i believe i am 4a or b..and relaxed..if that helps any..i really want to start using a good blowdryer to cut down on styling time because im in college and i think the ponytail method broke some of my hair from the ponytail being to tight....more recs and opinions pleeaassee.....

And ..is it good to blowdry hair while its sopping wet or just damp? any products like sprays or creams etc. that give great blow dry results out there?

It is best to allow hair to airdry a bit first before blowdrying to help cut down on lenght of time hair is exposed to the heat. I have 4a/4b and haven't used a blowdryer in about 3 years. If you MUST use one, I strongly advice using a good heat protectant, like Vidal Sasson Heat Defender or products by Thermasilk to protect hair.

I don't use heat to dry my hair but if I was in a 911 situation where I absolutely had to use a blowdryer, I would use my ionic one because it literally dried my hair within seconds {before I started my hair journey) and allows more water to be absorbed into the hair strands.
smile.gif

I rarely use it on my hair as well but when I do I use a conair ion shine blowdryer with comb attachment. I got it for about 20 bucks at Target. When I blowdry my hair I let my hair airdry most of the day and run the blowdryer through it for a few minutes at night. I apply my leave in (NTM silk touch) and wonder 8 oil before blowdrying.

I use a blow dryer once a week and sometimes twice a week and i have little to no damage. I also use the flat iron after i blow dry my hair. I get close to salon results, not as much bounce,i think it's because i use a leave in conditioner, something that the salon doesn't use.

I have a Vidal Sassoon dryer. I use the brush attachment when I blow-dry (I used to use the comb but now that I've got so much new growth the brush works better). You will do less damage if you don't dry it while it's soaking wet. Most straightening creams/gels require being put on damp hair (not soaking wet) anyway. I use the one from the Frizz Ease relax line, and it works well
smile.gif
Another tip is not to dry your ends with the dryer. Just focus on the roots and the beginning of your length, and the ends will dry by themselves in the air pretty quickly. Your ends will be less likely to break.

I would actually like to invest in an ionic dryer one day but I don't have one yet.

I use a blow drier at least once a week, along with a flat iron and don't experience any damage. Actually this is the healthiest my hair has been. I think it's all about how you condition your hair. Along with a water based (spray in) blow dry agent.

I also don't blow dry when it's sopping wet. If I can shake my head without drops of water falling, then I start blow drying.

I use a Conair Pro blow dryer with a comb attachment and get salon results.

Back