Blowdryers: Chi vs Fhi vs babyliss??

BeautifulRoots

Has anyone tried any of these blow dryers? If so, how do you like them? I need a good blow dryer asap and I am tired of my cheap ones breaking on me. I've been through about 3 cheap blow dryers in the past year and a half. :ohwell:

I'm going through this right now. I have a Babyliss that I looooove. It died about two weeks ago and I decided to try a different brand, I ordered the T3 but it hasn't gotten here yet. If it isn't great I'm going to send it back and get another Babyliss. In the meantime I've been using a conair 1875 ionic blow dryer from rite aid, it's like taking a step into the past. :cry: I had no idea how much the Babyliss was responsible for my shine and swing. I can't wait until my new blow dryer gets here.

I would go with the Babyliss out of the three you've listed because I've had great results with it.

I really like the results of my cheap Andis ionic dryer. I also have the babyliss but I haven't used it because it does not have a comb attachment.

I'm going to try it out and see how it compares to my $20 dryer.

@ imaccami...Yea, i know what you mean. I tried using my roomates' blowdryer when my blowdryer died and it wasn't the same. My hair felt pretty crunchy...I had a ceramic one but the one I had wasn't very durable. Thanks for the reply!

@ceebee...I had the andis...thats the one that broke on me...it does a weird rwaarrring sound now and Im scared it will catch on fire or something...lol. It doesn't produce heat anymore either...

Last edited:
@ceebee...I had the andis...thats the one that broke on me...it does a weird rwaarrring sound now and Im scared it will catch on fire or something...lol. It doesn't produce heat anymore either...[/QUOTE said:
Oh no! :sad: How long did yours last?

I have the FHI blowdryer. I haven't used it in a while but it's a good blowdryer. I used it to help straighten my hair during my transition.

Oh no! :sad: How long did yours last?

About 9 months...idk what happened...I didn't like buying the barrel kind because most of them don't have comb attachments, so I got the comb kind. Maybe that's the difference. Now I'm trying to get the barrel blow dryer if its more durable.

immaccami do tell how the T3 performs cuz i have it on my wishlist and hope to order soon it is suppose to be the best blowdryer on the market from all my research i was doing so let me know if it lives up to its name

sorry for hijacking thread lol

Last edited:
just to let you guys know I also bought a dryer with no Nozzle comb, I ordered the Solano Adjustable (unbreakable) attachment and it fits perfectly. :) $20 but worth it.

I just ordered the FHI Salon pro 2000 (or something like that, can't remember the exact name). It should be here next week and I will be trying it out and posting my review.

I actually have a red Jilibre ceramic blow dryer from Sallys. It was one of the first ones from back when they started making ceramic blow dryers. It was about $40. I have had it for years without any problems. Just thought I'd upgrade and see if a more high end one produces any better results especially now that I am transitioning.

I also recently got a pink cheap dryer from Walmart that claims its ceramic, I forget the name brand, maybe conair or hot tools, was like $25. It sucks really really bad. I got it to leave at my boyfriends house. I can tell a big difference in my Jilibre and the cheaper one.

I think blow drying is about technique and also using the right products before u begin the process. I used to think a blow dryer had to be super hot to get hair straight (ie. the Dominican blow out), but my stylist is able to get my hair straight and the dryer just feels moderately warm, my scalp is never scalding hot and I have very kinky 4b hair. As a matter of fact, i think i'm going to peep what brand they use next time i'm at the salon.

immaccami do tell how the T3 performs cuz i have it on my wishlist and hope to order soon it is suppose to be the best blowdryer on the market from all my research i was doing so let me know if it lives up to its name

sorry for hijacking thread lol

Sure thing! :yep:

I have the FHI 2000 and I absolutely love it. I have never had my hair be so smooth and shiny just from blow drying alone.

I have the Chi Nano Ceramic Hair Dyer & like it. It has a locking cool shot button that I use when doing the tension method on my daughter's hair. It does get super hot which is why I use the cool setting for my daughter. It also dries the hair very quickly.

L11657663.jpg

So I settled for a fhi nano. It is AMAZING! My hair feels much softer and silkier since I used it...my hair also has a lot more movement, so I'm pretty satisfied with the blow dryer. Thanks everyone for your input! :-)

So I settled for a fhi nano. It is AMAZING! My hair feels much softer and silkier since I used it...my hair also has a lot more movement, so I'm pretty satisfied with the blow dryer. Thanks everyone for your input! :-)

your hair is BEAUTIFUL btw. which model did you go with because i'm trying to decide between the fhi nano 1800 or 1900
:yep:

Back