Blowdryer... Which do you own?

BrownBetty

Hi,

I need a recommendation for a blowdryer. Mines literally started smoking when I plugged it in. I bought it about 7 years ago, it was old and I believe it was a conair.

What are you using? How much did it cost? Where did you get it from? How often do you use it? Would you buy it again?

TIA

MissVee

Have an Andis 1875...love it, and a Conair 1800...the old back up! I'm not sure how much the Andis was....in my PJ ism, I just buy...never check the prices anymore...badddd me!

MissVee said:
Hi,

I need a recommendation for a blowdryer. Mines literally started smoking when I plugged it in. I bought it about 7 years ago, it was old and I believe it was a conair.

What are you using? How much did it cost? Where did you get it from? How often do you use it? Would you buy it again?

TIA

MissVee

Girl, you know you ain't supposed to be blow drying your hair! :naughty:
That is why it started smoking. That's your sign to keep that thing away from your beautiful tresses. :yep:

I Have a BabyBliss Porcelain Ceramic Ionic dryer...whoa that was a mouthful! This dryer is great! It really dries my hair in half the time without making it feel like straw, it has about 6 settings and interchangeable filters. This stuff is great, it cost about $45 and what I personally like about it is the color that I got...white.

kreeme said:
Girl, you know you ain't supposed to be blow drying your hair! :naughty:
That is why it started smoking. That's your sign to keep that thing away from your beautiful tresses. :yep:

I know, but I airdry my hair most of the time and it takes a while. Sometimes I need to just dry it a bit before I go outside.

Thanks for your suggestions, I saw an ionic conair for $20 in Bed bath and beyond, plus 20% with the coupon. I think I might get it.

MissVee said:
I know, but I airdry my hair most of the time and it takes a while. Sometimes I need to just dry it a bit before I go outside.

Thanks for your suggestions, I saw an ionic conair for $20 in Bed bath and beyond, plus 20% with the coupon. I think I might get it.

Well okay...as long as you are using it in moderation. Now $20 and 20% off coupon? Thats a great deal. :yep:

MissVee said:

i have a conair and it's really powerful. i don't remember buying it (i think my hubby bought it)

anway, it works great on my daughter's natural 4a/b hair

I doubt my model is still out there. I've had it since 1995 and it's a Gold N Hot. It's still super powerful... nevermind the tape going across the barrell. :lol:

The same thing happened to me back in the summer, well a friend of mine was using it and it started smoking and stuff and then died, lol, I had mine for 10yrs and it was a Conair, that sucker got hot too, my aunt bought it for me as a gift when I graduated from hair school. I couldn't be mad since it did last for 10yrs, anyway I went out and bought a Golden Hot professional 1875 watts dryer that I NEVER use, I wish I would have kept my $25 bucks since I rollerset or airdry. :ohwell:
MissVee said:
Hi,

TIA

MissVee

goldensensation said:
I doubt my model is still out there. I've had it since 1995 and it's a Gold N Hot. It's still super powerful... nevermind the tape going across the barrell. :lol:
:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
Yeah...my Conair is doin' the tape thing, too>>>..hasn';t affected it either!!!

Back