Blowdryer damage

Amour

How do you know when your hair is suffering damaging from using the blowdryer?

Is it the breakage, you may get right after drying or the toll it has on your hair.. if so how can you tell?

I know its a stupid question, but I'm trying to figure out whether my hair likes heat because i think it does :ohwell:. When I was younger my mom always used to use the blow dryer with the pic attachment on our hair and back then my hair was lovely really, thick with length. My hair DOES NOT take to airdrying AT ALL, and when I do bow dry It seem to be the only way I am able to get the moistuise from the conditioner, especially on the highest heat :perplexed

What do you think? Anyone in a similar situation?
TIA :)

Unfortunately, i cant relate. When i was getting Domincan blow-outs on a regular basis, my ends were very thin, broke very easily, and constantly splitting. I had to give that up PRONTO, for the health of my hair.

But glad this works for you! Lucky duck! :)

KiniKakes said:
Unfortunately, i cant relate. When i was getting Domincan blow-outs on a regular basis, my ends were very thin, broke very easily, and constantly splitting. I had to give that up PRONTO, for the health of my hair.

But glad this works for you! Lucky duck! :)

That is so cute :p

Im not sure about dominic blowouts though... I wish :lol:
I think they would cause me some serious damage if I were to have them done on a regular

IMPE - My hair does better when I blowdry.. I know when Im using too much heat or suffering from blowdryer damage when Im not gaining any length and my ends start looking like I used firecrackers as rollers :lol:

KissKiss said:
How do you know when your hair is suffering damaging from using the blowdryer?

Is it the breakage, you may get right after drying or the toll it has on your hair.. if so how can you tell?

I know its a stupid question, but I'm trying to figure out whether my hair likes heat because i think it does :ohwell:. When I was younger my mom always used to use the blow dryer with the pic attachment on our hair and back then my hair was lovely really, thick with length. My hair DOES NOT take to airdrying AT ALL, and when I do bow dry It seem to be the only way I am able to get the moistuise from the conditioner, especially on the highest heat :perplexed

What do you think? Anyone in a similar situation?
TIA :)
How does your hair respond to indirect heat such as sittting under a hooded dryer with a rollerset for example? My hair doesnt like airdrying either, but responds well to indirect heat.

Another option is to comb hair straight down, dry your hair under a hooded dryer about 90%-100%, then blow dry with a good quality comb. My hair "likes" heat as well, but not THAT much. This minimizes heat w/o having to air dry (air drying sucks for me as well).

I can tell you.

Put your hair up to the light. Long ago I was addicted to direct heat until the damage shown through. My ends were lighter and split in several places-- seriously, one strand had 5 or 6 splits on the ends and along the shaft. That's when I knew that I had to get rid of the direct heat. I had to cut off damage a little bit at a time, to psych myself into realizing that it (the damage) all had to go. Then I had to slather conditioner on my ends as soon as I cut it, staying away from direct heat for over 2 years.

When my hair was damaged, it wouldn't hold a curl after rollersetting. It was thin, lifeless and would not hold on to moisture.

Is hooded drying an option? Honestly, it's healthier. Or just using heat once a season?

I had damage from a blowdryer but mine was because I was not using it correctly on my left side (I am right handed) I started using a comb attachment and a heavy dryer and I was just not able to hold it properly so I got breakage. I actually could see the hair loss after drying. Why I did not stop sooner I don't know, but I think mine was not really the heat contact, btu more so appliance misuse.

I've not got a hooded dryer, so i aint able to dry my hair that way. I wanted to get back onto my every other day co-washes b/c my hair started to thrive when I was doing this - but I don't want it to be counter-productive to retaining length :cool:.

The things is, surprising I don't really suffer from adverse split ends, when i take out this weave I'm going to do some dusting because i've got mini split ends like 1mm or so (which is even unusual for me...) I used to mistake split ends for frizz and bent ends :perplexed

Back