Blowdry Tips for Transitioners

cocoberry10

Okay, I am 17 weeks post texlaxer (and closer to 30 if you count the last time I texlaxed/relaxed before that, since my last texlax was very slight). Anyway, I have an event this week, and I will be forced to break out the *cough* blowdryer:eek:. I want as little breakage as possible. I know there will be breakage, so I’m anticipating it, but I’m trying to avoid it. So, please give your tips on how to make this as non-traumatic as possible.
Questions:
(1) Do I blowdry wet hair or dry hair?
(2) Should I use a liquid leave-in as a heat protectant?
(3) Should I apply oil before or after the blowdry? Thanks!

I am not an expert by any means, but I think that you should blow dry wet hair, (not soaking wet, but wet) use a leave in conditioner and heat protectant, and skip the oil until after you are done heat styling.

Are you going to flat iron? Did you consider air drying with a scarf on to lay down the new growth and then flat iron. Since I'm transitioning also that is what I do to stay away from the blow dryer

Sorry don't know much about blow drying.

Are you going to flat iron? Did you consider air drying with a scarf on to lay down the new growth and then flat iron. Since I'm transitioning also that is what I do to stay away from the blow dryer

Sorry don't know much about blow drying.

Yes, I will have to flat iron! Bumping!!!!!!!!

Here is what works wonders for me.......

First, don't blowdry soaking wet hair, apply leave in & gently comb through with the widest tooth comb you have (it should glide right through if you detangled in the shower) & let it air dry for a few minutes, I like to wrap a silk scarf around my hair at this time. Ater fifteen minutes or so add a heat protectant all over and blowdry with an ionic dryer on low til hair is 95% dry. Then flat iron using a heat protecting serum like Chi silk infusion on each section that u flat iron. If you take your time and use quality tools and products,not only should there be no breakage, but your hair should be moisturized, silky,shiny & straight! Good luck and let us know your results!:peace:

Here is what works wonders for me.......

First, don't blowdry soaking wet hair, apply leave in & gently comb through with the widest tooth comb you have (it should glide right through if you detangled in the shower) & let it air dry for a few minutes, I like to wrap a silk scarf around my hair at this time. Ater fifteen minutes or so add a heat protectant all over and blowdry with an ionic dryer on low til hair is 95% dry. Then flat iron using a heat protecting serum like Chi silk infusion on each section that u flat iron. If you take your time and use quality tools and products,not only should there be no breakage, but your hair should be moisturized, silky,shiny & straight! Good luck and let us know your results!:peace:

Thanks for the tips. Any others are appreciated. Especially from those with type 4 hair!

Back