Blow Drying: Tension Method - How to get ends straight?

naturalmanenyc

My new blow dryer arrived today so I finally blow dried my hair using the tension method. I did not really think it through before I started. I held the hair taut and used the dryer up on down on my hair like a comb, but I was holding the hair so the ends were not being "combed" with heat.

Is there a trick to getting the ends straight with the tension method of blow drying? I was hoping to not need to flat iron, but I did a light flat iron on 140 - 230 degrees.

IMG_0482-vi.jpg

IMG_0495-vi.jpg

IMG_05021-vi.jpg

More pics are here:
http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/trying-a-blow-out-f/

You could always use a round brush on the ends lightly just to smooth them out and give em a bump.

You have my dryer!! Isn't it fabulous?? I love it :D

I do love my new dryer!!! Now I just need to work on my technique. I am tossing my old conair 1875 in the garbage tomorrow.

I did not even think to use a brush since I recalled that Pinkskates used tension. I need to go look through my stuff since I am pretty sure that I already own a round brush.

Thanks!

I just purchased the FHI Runway's twin (H2PRO 206LE) since FHI stopped producing the Runway but would like to get their official blow dryer. Heard great things about it just like their flat iron. Where did you purchase it? Was it a good deal?

Your hair looks great for only blow drying it (& lightly flat ironing it).

My new blow dryer arrived today so I finally blow dried my hair using the tension method. I did not really think it through before I started. I held the hair taut and used the dryer up on down on my hair like a comb, but I was holding the hair so the ends were not being "combed" with heat.

Is there a trick to getting the ends straight with the tension method of blow drying? I was hoping to not need to flat iron, but I did a light flat iron on 140 - 230 degrees.

IMG_0482-vi.jpg

IMG_0495-vi.jpg

IMG_05021-vi.jpg

More pics are here:
http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/trying-a-blow-out-f/

I do love my new dryer!!! Now I just need to work on my technique. I am tossing my old conair 1875 in the garbage tomorrow.

I did not even think to use a brush since I recalled that Pinkskates used tension. I need to go look through my stuff since I am pretty sure that I already own a round brush.

Thanks!

Oh, please don't do that! You could send it to someone on the board or give it to Goodwill.

I just purchased the FHI Runway's twin (H2PRO 206LE) since FHI stopped producing the Runway but would like to get their official blow dryer. Heard great things about it just like their flat iron. Where did you purchase it? Was it a good deal?

I got mine from Ebay for $95 (free shipping) from a reputable seller.:grin:

All the pics at the beginning are blow drying only. Then tension method got my hair surprisingly straight with little to no hair loss.

I lightly flat ironed at 140 degrees, then 230 degrees after the blow dry.

ETA: I have a Brazilian Keratin Treatment in my hair (5th BKT put in just before Christmas) so that does help my hair get straight faster.

is that all with a blowdryer?? when i used the tension method it just made my hair frizzy

Last edited:
Ebay, with a 30 day return policy.

Back