Blow dryer

missjoey

Can someone please suggest a good blow dryer? My newgrowth is outta control and I am in deperate need of one. Thanks!

Thanks for the quick responses, but daaayum 200 bucks for a blow dryer. LOL! I never knew that a blow dryer could cost that much. I was looking more along the lines of um - a 30 dollar price range. :ohwell:

I'm kinda curious as to what's so good about it though. Maybe I can convince my DH to buy it for me.

Last edited:
True LOL -Wow it must be really good if you ladies are suggesting it. In a nutshell what's so great about it? TIA!

oh wow:eek: 200 bucks!

I have an 1875 revlon ionic-tourmaline, it was maybe 30 bucks:confused: but I LOVE it, someone here suggested it.

missjoey said:
True LOL -Wow it must be really good if you ladies are suggesting it. In a nutshell what's so great about it? TIA!

The literature talks about the tourmaline, ceramic and infra-red technology. I don't know how it really works. I just know that my hair isn't dry and brittle anymore. (And I still use heat twice a week after I shampoo and deep condition. ...I know! I know! Don't flogg me!:fishslap: Before LHCF, it used to be every single day!)

MissScarlett said:

I have an 1875 revlon ionic-tourmaline, it was maybe 30 bucks:confused: but I LOVE it, someone here suggested it.
Thanks for this! I've been looking for a new dryer and I thought I decided on one (the Conair inifiniti Professional tourmaline ionic) until I read your post and realized that I've been bumping into reviews of this dryer on this forum every so often. I *think* so1913 might have recommended it but I could be wrong.

But now that you've been pushing this dryer in other threads too, I just decided to look it up and now I'm gonna buy it! The reviews were great and I found that it's been said to be comparable to the Conair and even the T3 (http://magazines.ivillage.com/goodhousekeeping/consumer/beauty/articles/0,,284522_699299,00.html)! So thanks again!

MissScarlett said:

Where'd you purchase it? Do you have a picture of it?:D

Why don't these really nice dryers ever come with comb attachments? :confused: Don't these people know that there's a huge market out here for AA hair? :(

Browndilocks said:
Why don't these really nice dryers ever come with comb attachments? :confused: Don't these people know that there's a huge market out here for AA hair? :(

I cannot use the comb attachment. Those things chew my hair off bigtime.

Oh, I LOVE my Rusk Hyper Ionic. It is expensive and I licked out and found one at Beauty First for $35, but they never go for the retail price that Rusks tries to throw on them ($165). It is the best dryer I have ever owned, but I know that there are good dryers out there that are very good that don't cost hundreds of dollars.

Hyper Ionic Professional Ceramic Dryer with 16 Ionic Chambers

Unsurpassed power to weight ratio! Rusk's Hyper Ionic dryer, boasts a state of the art AC motor. The Hyper Ionic is more powerful yet lighter in weight than traditional dryers. This 1900 watt ceramic dryer emits far-infrared heat and negative ions to dramatically reduce hair's drying time. Far-infrared rays dry hair from the inside out leaving each strand silky, smooth, soft and shiny.

engdryers_ionic.jpg

Here is one on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/RUSK-HYPER-IONI...ryZ75028QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:
Back