Blinking envelope???

Lotus

Does anyone else have a blinking envelope on their screen? I have one in the top right hand corner... only when I'm on this site. Maybe a dumb question (1st and only board), but if this is site related...

What am I supposed to do?

TIA

Does anyone else have a blinking envelope on their screen? I have one in the top right hand corner... only when I'm on this site. Maybe a dumb question (1st and only board), but if this is site related...

What am I supposed to do?

TIA

I just love it. It's letting you know you have a new PM. Click the envelope and it will open your PM. Too darn cute huh. :up:

I just love it. It's letting you know you have a new PM. Click the envelope and it will open your PM. Too darn cute huh. :up:

Thanks Letitia! That's what I thought it meant, but I dont have one :nono:. It's been blinking all day & before my PM box showed like 65000 messages and I aint no where near that popular. Now it's given a more reasonable amount... but the envelope wont go away.

Will you PM so I can see if I get it?

ETA: Nope, my mistake.. it's still showing like 65332 unread messages.

I was wondering what that was. But when I click on the envelope I don't see a new PM. What's up with that? I thought it was kinda odd.

I had to scroll through and mark the unread messages...read. Also the number bolded is the number of unread...may or may not be new.

I had to scroll through and mark the unread messages...read. Also the number bolded is the number of unread...may or may not be new.

Thanks!

Double checked.. no unread. Looks like I may not be the only one having this issue... maybe the admins are working on something.

I just notice it too. When i click on it there is no message and Private message box says, 0 Unread. Windows recognize a "security issue" and shut down.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one. I hope the fix this. Everytime I click on it, I don't see nothing. And this happens when I logged out.

I just notice it too. When i click on it there is no message and Private message box says, 0 Unread. Windows recognize a "security issue" and shut down.

That should be a problem with java on your computer or your security settings. Same as lotus - send me a pm when you get online.

Even though I liked the blinking envelope, I see it's gone. I really like the NEWER update. I see the new tool bar at the top that let you know how many PMs. :up:

Last edited:
Ladies there was a somewhat identical thread started:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=145245
But she wasn't able to receive pm's. She had a blinking envelope cause someone was trying to pm her, but everytime she checked there was no message. The reason was because she didnot enable... If you can receive messages then i dunno. But if you can't, then check out this thread. Wish i could be more help.

Ladies there was a somewhat identical thread started:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=145245
But she wasn't able to receive pm's. She had a blinking envelope cause someone was trying to pm her, but everytime she checked there was no message. The reason was because she didnot enable... If you can receive messages then i dunno. But if you can't, then check out this thread. Wish i could be more help.

Yes the same thing is happening to me and its driving me crazy! I checked the box to enable PM's

That should be a problem with java on your computer or your security settings. Same as lotus - send me a pm when you get online.

I sent you a PM but still havent gotten a response...maybe you responded but I cant access it.

When I am at a public pc and left idle for a while, lchf (or the pc dont know which one) will sign me out and the blinking envelope ends up at the top of the screen. When I click it, I'm prompted to sign back in.

When I am at a public pc and left idle for a while, lchf (or the pc dont know which one) will sign me out and the blinking envelope ends up at the top of the screen. When I click it, I'm prompted to sign back in.

When I'm idle the envelope starts flashing also, I think it's a way of letting you know you have been logged off. I put in a ticket but haven't heard nothing back yet.

Right. But when I sign in it says I have 0 unread messages. I feel bad because someone thinks I am ignoring their PM's :ohwell:

Same thing happens to me. I haven't been able to determine how long it takes for the system to go idle, but I KEEP getting the blinking envelope and I don't have any unread PMs. :wallbash:

Back