Blending 4ab hair with bobraz

Has anyone heard of this brand:

http://www.lanikshair.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22&products_id=88

any feedback...it says it emulates 3c/4a...I just need something that is highly textured and not shiny....I guess I have about a month to hunt, I may take this weave down in a couple weeks and wig it up a couple of weeks, that way I can plait, twists my hair and go to the BSS and try and do some texture tests...man this hair weave stuff and blending is serious biz, lol...I do want it to look right though, no need in spending money for hair and install and looking a ham, so my diligence will pay off :)

IIRC, Ediese used this hair and she said she couldnt reuse it after one install because the tracks were bald in some spots. That leads me to believe it sheds a lot. Have you thought about AAMH's kinky curly? What about ONYC Hair's kinky curly? Or Mane Depot's kinky curly? Or RHO's kinky curly? Halley's Curls' Creole Curly will give you a similar look. There are plenty of options out there. I tend to use BoBraz because I know I can find it locally at the last minute. It's not the best quality I've used but it blends perfectly with my hair.

Last edited:
I followed this video for tips
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do4GVGj1cq4

Its all in your technique! I have even used the model model hair she used in the video. But I prefered Boh Braz.

yeh... i dunno about that (all in the technique). her hair looks about the same length as her weave. what she's essentially doing is covering the weave. it looks lovely and i lOVE roshini but that's not really blending. blending is when your hair seamlessly melts into the weave hair, IMO. this is seen more clearly when weave hair is longer than your own.

i've attached a photo she posted on her blog regarding this same weave (and i don't know where the link is now cuz i saved this photo a long time ago as reference for me). it illustrates what i mean about the highly textured hair vs silky shiny hair. yes, if your hair is long enough you can cover the silky stuff and you'll be fine (note that only a portion of the silky weave hair is showing towards the front. the rest is covered by her hair). if your hair isn't long enough to cover your weave, you'll have to worry about blending more.

think of it this way: highly textured 4b hair straightened is not a good match for silky indian or european hair w/out a lot of heat and even then it's not a great match. that's why textures like light yaki and relaxed were invented. choose a texture that matches your hair and you'll have less issues w/ blending. if you don't choose a texture match then perm, or bkt, or flat iron your hair to better blend cuz it's necessary when your hair won't cover the entirety of the weave.

my coworker is harassing me to go out so i have to leave it here. hope it all made sense.

Attachments

• 5.09.wetweave.6.jpg
    5.09.wetweave.6.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 75
nzeee Thanks so much for your helpful post. You are so right I was thinking of emulating the curl pattern/color and had not considered it might be too silky of a texture....what type of hair is that on pic 4??

it's an actually the same hair as pic 1 ;o) in pic 1 it's more of a twist out and in pic 4 it's just completely brushed out. it was humungous. it happened to be a custom weft from a CV but it could easily have been any good afro kinky curly hair. check out this hair from RHO (quite expensive but beautiful), attached.

nzeee are you talking about making a wig, chile I don't have those skills, lol.... or do you mean getting a closure? If I go the closure route, if I leave my edges and nape out can I still a pony with a closure
nah, i don't have wig making skills either. nor could i deal w/ a closure. but you can do a full weave leaving nothing out (which is often hard to make it look natural) or like the person on bhm does, you can have minimal leave out but just style the hair so your leaveout doesn't show which gives the look of a full install but looks far more natural imo.

Attachments

• CURLY-KINKI-AFRO-WEAVE.jpg
    CURLY-KINKI-AFRO-WEAVE.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 49
So, I'll add my pics in. I loved this hair. The last two are just length and texture shots. I used two packs 20 ". I usually just applied gel and put a scarf on sometimes I would use a headband to dress it up.

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1313608484250.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1313608484250.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 58
  • uploadfromtaptalk1313608569903.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1313608569903.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 58
  • uploadfromtaptalk1313608699451.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1313608699451.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 51
  • uploadfromtaptalk1313608737831.jpg