Bleaching Relaxed Hair

disgtgyal

How long does one have to wait in between bleaching? Last week I bleached my bang using 40 developer and i had it sit for almost an hr. I washed it out because i didn't want my hair to melt off but the ends didn't lift. Is a week later too soon?

Don't bleach again. Do you have any old color on your ends? I'm sure you aren't pleased with the way it looks but if you bleach again I fear that your ends will break off anyway. Bangs grow pretty fast, give it time and gradually trim that section off.

A week's definitely too soon. In six weeks you "may" try again only if you're sure you can only apply to the bits that didn't take (that would be hard) it is not recommended to bleach or lighten previously bleached hair at all but use a hard protein and test a small section if you have to.

I have bigen jet black in my hair. The last 3 inches didn't lift so i was hoping to only bleach that section.

40 vol. developer is not a bleach, it is only a lifting agent. You should have mixed it with a bleaching powder.

You should wait at least two weeks before making another attempt, or your bangs may melt and slip down the drain.

Yea, you have color on your ends and black is notoriously difficult to get out of your hair. I think you'll end up doing more harm than good. Gradually trim that off.

Back