BlackTar by Frenchy (Sp?)?!

MizaniMami

:confused: Anybody every heard of this for hair growth?! It is is supposed to make you hair grow SUPER quick. My friend uses this "3 days" before she washes. She swears by this too. I am not going to lie her hair does grow very fast and it is pretty much healthy. I remember hearing about this in high school too.
Any experiences?

I'm headed home so I'll check later this evening to see if you've had any luck finding it (I couldn't find anything).

I just started using Frenchee Super Gro. I bought it from a local BSS for $2.99. Now they have the Frenchee shampoo and conditioner.

My family used to use it when I was younger but it stinks, in my opinion.

I think my gradmother used to call it "dog man" or something like that.

It does make your hair grow, but I don't get down with stinky stuff personally. :)

MizaniMami said:
:confused: Anybody every heard of this for hair growth?! It is is supposed to make you hair grow SUPER quick. My friend uses this "3 days" before she washes. She swears by this too. I am not going to lie her hair does grow very fast and it is pretty much healthy. I remember hearing about this in high school too.
Any experiences?

Here's a website that you can order it from:

http://www.hairplus.com/Merchant2/m...GY&Store_Code=Hairplus&Category_Code=Frenchee

I'm going to save the link until Apr./May because I'm not suppose to buy any more products until I finish my Gueye products (just started using them this month).;)

HoneyDew said:
I think my gradmother used to call it "dog man" or something like that.:)

Yep... that's dog mane (lol). My mom is always braggin' about how she grew my hair out when I was little with 'stinky' that stuff.

Thanks yall! My Friend says she uses it 3 days before she washes. I think I am going to try and do that (over the weekend). It wouldn't hurt to try it for about 2 mos and see how much growth I have.

Frenchee Super Gro

I found mine at a local beauty supply store owned by asians

I bought a jar of it last year during the late summer

It didn't make my hair grow any faster (but I didn't use it long enough to tell a difference)

Now my mom (who is relaxed) uses my jar for her scalp... hasn't made her hair grow faster yet either and she started using it a couple of months ago

High Priestess said:
I thought I heard that this is like liquid grovers, but not sure.
Hmm...
no, it is way different than Glover's. Glover's smells way worse.

Frenchee smells like barbeque/charcoal and is in the form of a grease/hair dressing.

kitkat3ny said:
Does anyone know what the ingredients are?

Frenchee Super Gro Ingredients:
White petrolatum, lanolin, microcrystalline wax, fragrance, vitamin E acetate, hydrolyzed collagen, methyl paraben, vitamin A&D, D&C Yellow #11, FD&C Green #6

Poohbear said:
no, it is way different than Glover's. Glover's smells way worse.

Frenchee smells like barbeque/charcoal and is in the form of a grease/hair dressing.
Oh? :lick: I guess I'd better fire up the grill then...:lol:
Seriously though, I can deal with almost any smell as long as I know it's good for my hair.
I notice that the ingredients contain petroleum. Is petroleum really that bad because a lot of hair products that supposed to be great for growth, etc. usually have this ingredient listed.

Here's a full thread on this stuff for those who might be interested: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=5438&page=1&pp=10
and another:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=26539
Poohbear said:
I saw a thread about a grease called Frenchee aka Dogmane...I think the screen name of the person who posted the thread was wingtoe (you might want to PM her). She said her hair grew from shoulder length to waist length in 2 months using Frenchee Super Gro. They said it is similar to Glovers.

I used Black n Sassy Tea Tree Oil Triple Gro and it helped with growing my hair by preventing breakage. I think thats the only way grease can help with growth is by preventing breakage

Last edited:
Lotus said:
Yep... that's dog mane (lol). My mom is always braggin' about how she grew my hair out when I was little with 'stinky' that stuff.
Quick questioni Lotus,
I'd like to know if your mom used anything else with the dog mane?
I wonder why they call it dog mane?..oh, well that's 2 questions) :)
Thanks

High Priestess said:
Quick questioni Lotus,
I'd like to know if your mom used anything else with the dog mane?
I wonder why they call it dog mane?..oh, well that's 2 questions) :)
Thanks

Nope... just "dog mane". She said she'd wash my hair every week and apply that everytime she combed (braids/pony tails) my hair. I dont know why they called it dog mane... I guess (refering to another thread) the same reason 'some of us' ;) call strawberry Kool-aide... red Kool-aide. I don't think it was originally used on dogs... perhaps because it's so funky, it will keep stray dogs away- :lachen:.

i used it 8months ago with glovers mane as part of the sticky challenge. it does grow your hair:D :grin: i used to apply it daily though after i stopped using the surge. i bought mine at 125th street bss.i stopped using it when i run out. i did not know they had a shampoo and conditioner hum i wonder what ingredients are in the cond if it contains tar as well i need to find where to get it:p

Last edited:
Has anyone ever made a mixture of Frenchee Super Gro and M-T-G and had good results? What about Sulfer 8 and M-T-G?

SexySin985 said:
Has anyone ever made a mixture of Frenchee Super Gro and M-T-G and had good results? What about Sulfer 8 and M-T-G?

yes when i was on the sticky challenge i used to use mtg mixed with huile masketi in the morning between the rows of my cornrows and on top of that a mix of surge/rosemary oil.whale sperm oil /minoval and on top frenchee/glovers and minoval grease and i would let that marinate under baggie:lachen: i had great growth but great buildup as well:lol: from all the stuff things caught in cornrows ahhaha

I had great growth with it. I mixed frenchee,glover's, sulfur8, wgo, and honey. I used it as a prepoo.;) There's no way I'd leave all things in my hair all day.:lol:

Hi DDtexlaxd,
hi.gif

Is that yet another picture?/
Lookin' good!
...Oh, back to the topic at hand now. :lol:

Back