BlackDiamond1 finally has an update!!! **PICS**

NaturalBoss

You can tell by the 2 pics that I'm not good at documentation. I BC'd on 12-23-08. The first pic is a failed attempt to put my hair in a ponytail a couple of days after I BC'd. The 2nd pic is from 3-1-10. I got my hair pressed for the first time since I went natural. My ends are a little thinner than I like (from raking the comb thru my hair after taking out micros:nono:), but I'm just happy that I'm actually making progress.

Attachments

• 12-26-08_LHCF.jpg
    12-26-08_LHCF.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 214
  • 3-1-10_LHCF.JPG
    3-1-10_LHCF.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 229
Good job. You hair looks great. How long was your hair after your bc? How many inches do you think you retained? Regi please.

Thanks for all your comments!
Long story.......I transitioned for about 8 months (I think), so I never really had a TWA, but it wasn't long enough to do anything with so I had micros and kinky twists for most of 2009. I washed and conditioned them every week, but when I took them out my hair was always matted so I had a really hard time detangling and sometimes I would actually have to cut some of the hair. In October 2009 I started wearing wigs. I would put my hair in 4 braids under the wig. I moisturized with coconut oil daily and I would wash or co-wash about twice per week. I later found out that I was allergic to fake hair (seriously) so I had to leave the wigs alone. I used all kinds of products (too many to name) but was never really completely satisfied.

My hair is finally long enough to wear in a big puff so that's what I'm doing right now. I got it pressed to see how long it was and to see how long it would stay straight.

Current regimen:
Co-wash 2 or 3 times per week using Aussie 3-Minute Miracle
Shampoo hair sometimes using Jason's Tea Tree and Neem shampoo
Moisturize daily using S-Curl
Use Eco Styler gel and wear hair in a puff
Smooth edges with ORS Edge Control

Back