BLACKBARBIE!! Has anyone called you out yet?!....

ivanay said:
Damn..., it's taking forever for you to get it :eek:

Girl I told you they were shipping that stuff straight from India! (for real, I checked the confirmation receipt and that's why it's taking so long)...I sure hope it's going to be worth my wait!!!

Black Barbie,
you are such an inspiration to me. yours was the first album I looked at when I joined LHCF. I look at your album when I'm fustrated and ready to give up. Your hair is beautiful!

blackbarbie said:
O.K. girl I just picked my heart up off my keyboard!!! I just finished stalking somebody's fotki and I came back to the list of threads and saw my name in big letters and i was like:eek: !!!

Thanks so much for the compliment too! I first got highlights about 2 years ago and was instantly hooked. I'm still trying to grow some layers out and my hair is really fine, so I've been wearing a curly look to keep from getting frustrated over the little hairs I see everywhere (they're more evident when I wear my hair straight)
YOUR hair is fine?! :eek: Wow then I guess mine is limp and lifeless then! Just kidding! :lol:

So what moisturizers do you use to keep your hair from getting the "greasy" look? I need to know what it is cause it's definitely working for you! :lol:

And uh, do you have your regimen posted anywhere? Thanks. :lol:

secretdiamond said:
YOUR hair is fine?! :eek: Wow then I guess mine is limp and lifeless then! Just kidding! :lol:

So what moisturizers do you use to keep your hair from getting the "greasy" look? I need to know what it is cause it's definitely working for you! :lol:

And uh, do you have your regimen posted anywhere? Thanks. :lol:

:lol:

I use NTM Silk Touch Therapy (thanksto Sylver2!!) and seal with Jojoba oil. On occasion I will use a tad bit of WGO (can only use a half drop of this stuff!:) )

I don't have my regimen posted but will be happy to send it to you.

BB

blackbarbie said:
Letitia.....thanks! That style "occured" while experimenting with 2 flexi rods. I am going to make that a signature style for a minute.

2cute2B4gotten.....thanks for the compliment and I have to admit that I still love the strength and thickness of your hair too. Hurry up and add some more pics to the fotki so i can stalk some more!!

missvi....:) thanks chica!!

undefeatedqueen.....that mesh thingy is a life saver (and an edge saver too; don't get caught without it!).....thank you for the compliment!

HighlyFavored1.....it's comments like these that I remember when I am frustrated and my hair won't "do what it do". You guys are all an inspiration too!...thanks!

I am curious, What is the mesh thingy and what is it good for? BlakcBarbie, if you dont mind, send me your regimen also. Thx

Oh, I need to go buy some flexirods to experiment with. Yours came out great. I use to take pictures of hair similar to yours to the beauty shop (asking for the curly style of yours) and never came out with that look. I just gave up. :(

BlackBarbie I just saw your new sggy! Oh how beautiful! I just love the lose curls! I can't wait to do this to my hair!

Keep up the good work!

MonaRae

Letitia, the "mesh" thingy is a mesh band with velcro that I put around my hair when I wrap it. I put this on before i put my silk scarf on. I started using it b/c I noticed that I was tying the scarf too tight at one time and it was snapping a few hairs on the left side by my ear off.

When I tie the band thing on, it covers the very bottom or rather all my edges so that when i put the scarf on and tie it, it's not pulling directly on the edges (I hope that makes sense:confused: )

MonaRae and Letitia, I used two of the orange flexi rods on dry hair. I moisturized it really good w/NTM and used a dab of WGO, put one in the top and one in the back and covered with a bonnet. The curls lasted all day and I had to be careful not to leave them in for too long or I would have been looking like Curly Sue (waaaaay too curly)

blackbarbie said:
Letitia, the "mesh" thingy is a mesh band with velcro that I put around my hair when I wrap it. I put this on before i put my silk scarf on. I started using it b/c I noticed that I was tying the scarf too tight at one time and it was snapping a few hairs on the left side by my ear off.

When I tie the band thing on, it covers the very bottom or rather all my edges so that when i put the scarf on and tie it, it's not pulling directly on the edges (I hope that makes sense:confused: )

MonaRae and Letitia, I used two of the orange flexi rods on dry hair. I moisturized it really good w/NTM and used a dab of WGO, put one in the top and one in the back and covered with a bonnet. The curls lasted all day and I had to be careful not to leave them in for too long or I would have been looking like Curly Sue (waaaaay too curly)

Thanks so much for sharing! Just two flexi rods. I would have thought you use about 6 or 8. Thanks for clearing that up before I started off wrong!! :lol:

blackbarbie said:

I use NTM Silk Touch Therapy (thanksto Sylver2!!) and seal with Jojoba oil. On occasion I will use a tad bit of WGO (can only use a half drop of this stuff!:) )

BB
I would LOVE for you to send it to me whenever you have the time. Thanks. :)

blackbarbie said:

BB
Yes the regimen. Inquiring minds want to know. I did the highlights/lowlights thing too with hair about mid back. My hair is fine but thick. It snapped off like you would not believe. I guess I had not thought about the moisture thing either at that time. Can you PM me too with your regimen?

Last edited:
BlackBarbie-

I'm so happy that you've been called out...I've been admiring your hair since I joined this board...Your hair is absolutely gorgeous.

Keep up the good work girlie!!!!:)

shunta said:
Yes, Ive always liked Blackbarbie's hair.:)
Me too... She's my idol for length and color combo :D Most say it cant be done in my old salon. I want to send Blackbarbie's hair pic so bad :lol:

Thanks so much for all the love ladies!

I would have to attribute the retention of my length to the balance of protein and moisture. In the past, my old stylist used to fuss at me about moisturizing my hair. I used to think moisture meant shine and I would always use serums thinking it was moisturizing my hair. I also would beg her to color my hair and she would tell me that my hair was too fine and it was going to break my hair off. When I didn't have color, my hair was always mid back length and still thrived:confused: . (meaning even though I never really moisturized)

I finally got color 2 years ago but my brother did it for me when i moved here. He never told me about moisture/protein balance, etc. b/c he thought i knew i guess, but I tell you I probably would be bald head if it weren't for you ladies!!

Last edited:
Yes ur hair is definitely one of my inspirations! Even though i am too afraid to put color in my hair, I would love the body and the length of your hair... I would be the happiest with my hair then! O the color is just gorgeous!

Last edited:
Synthia said:
Blackbarbie's hair is amazing.

I've always been impressed that she can lift her color several shades and still be long. I don't know many who could be relaxed and colored. Seriously, I've never seen it.

Much respect. AMAZING.

right! :)

BlackBarbie, your hair is very beautiful :)

Back