Black n' Sassy Caribbean Creme Leave-in

sugaplum said:
WOW!! :shocked: Thanks for posting the ingredients MeccaMedinah :clapping: It's sad I never even paid attention to the ingredients becuase I didn't understand them. :nono:

What's a trip is that my relaxed hair :love: this stuff. It works ok for my natural hair.

Honestly Sugaplum, I was a little ashamed when I was typing up those ingredients. I was wondering why I even picked this up. But I know that it was my inner PJ that made me do it, plus I wanted to try a leave in.:ohwell: Oh well, now I dunno what to do with the 90% left in my jar.... decisions, decisions....:)

MeccaMedinah said:
Honestly Sugaplum, I was a little ashamed when I was typing up those ingredients. I was wondering why I even picked this up. But I know that it was my inner PJ that made me do it, plus I wanted to try a leave in.:ohwell: Oh well, now I dunno what to do with the 90% left in my jar.... decisions, decisions....:)

I feel you MeccaMedinah. :yep: I would hate to give mine up to a family/friend becuase I know of what's in the product.

So Pooh are the ingredients you highlighted cause damage and dryness in a nutshell? Or are they more deadly then that!! :shocked:

I do respect the concern for harmful ingredients in this leave-in. I just wanted to let others know that I found something that has helped me combat my extra dry hair.

I still love Black n' Sassy Caribbean Leave-In, it is working for me. I have mixed it with Kemi Oyl and BBD Stretch and it is really working to moisturize my hair. HTH

But the cost of BBD stretch!!!???!!!! Is it the equivalent fo 20 containers of the Black n Sassy? Otherwise, I will be broke if I switch to it.

LiqueXX said:
I do respect the concern for harmful ingredients in this leave-in. I just wanted to let others know that I found something that has helped me combat my extra dry hair.

I still love Black n' Sassy Caribbean Leave-In, it is working for me. I have mixed it with Kemi Oyl and BBD Stretch and it is really working to moisturize my hair. HTH

sugaplum said:
So Pooh are the ingredients you highlighted cause damage and dryness in a nutshell? Or are they more deadly then that!! :shocked:
Propylene glycol is a surfactant, penetration enhancer (allow other chemicals to penetrate deeper into your skin & possibly reaching your bloodstream), allergen, and an active ingredient in antifreeze.

The parabens are carcinogens as already discussed.

Diazolidinyl Urea releases formaldehyde which can cause too many side effects to list here!

FD&C color pigments cause skin sensitivity and irritation.

Fragrances are carcinogenic and toxic and it's an allergen.

I'm not sure about all the other ingredients. I hope that helps.

well, i wil continue to avoid getting it on my scalp. maybe the 3 i nches closest to my scalp ill use shea butter and put this mid shaft to ends....

i wish the ingredients were better :(

The jury is still out for me. Frizzies not in check today:( Will try again on dry hair before I give it a yay or nay...

LiqueXX said:

LiqueXX, this is the same thing I do but I just use this every other night. :yep:

Poohbear said:
Propylene glycol is a surfactant, penetration enhancer (allow other chemicals to penetrate deeper into your skin & possibly reaching your bloodstream), allergen, and an active ingredient in antifreeze.

The parabens are carcinogens as already discussed.

Diazolidinyl Urea releases formaldehyde which can cause too many side effects to list here!

FD&C color pigments cause skin sensitivity and irritation.

Fragrances are carcinogenic and toxic and it's an allergen.

I'm not sure about all the other ingredients. I hope that helps.

WOW!! :shocked: This is straight up scary. Thanks so much Pooh. :)

natalied said:
But the cost of BBD stretch!!!???!!!! Is it the equivalent fo 20 containers of the Black n Sassy? Otherwise, I will be broke if I switch to it.

LOL...that's why I wanted something to mix with the Stretch, so I could make it last.

Back