Black Love: A Rooftop Garden Wedding In New York

VeryBecoming

Devil's Avocado
The Cut website has a feature about non-cookie cutter weddings and just did a spotlight on this couple and their $120,000 wedding. Dapper Dan designed their outfits and Questlov was the DJ.

Samantha Shipp and Demetrius Warrick, two lawyers (she as general counsel and COO of an investment company in Rwanda, he in mergers and acquisitions.

Read their full interview and see more photos here.

9.w536.h536.2x.jpg

8.w807.h539.jpg

2.w807.h539.jpg

13.w807.h539.jpg

15.w450.h676.jpg

The location was only 12k. Quest was a favor (even though she probably paid him). They served chicken. IJS. Nice wedding but still not seeing how it cost 1K per person.
Photographer? Videographer? Here in the Midwest photographers are anywhere from $4-$10k depending. Videography is around $6k. I’m sure nyc prices are higher. The flowers were probably $10k since those arches alone are going for $3k here. If those clear/blue chairs didn’t come standard with the venue they are $10-$12 to rent per chair plus delivery and pickup. Costs add up pretty quickly.

Photographer? Videographer? Here in the Midwest photographers are anywhere from $4-$10k depending. Videography is around $6k. I’m sure nyc prices are higher. The flowers were probably $10k since those arches alone are going for $3k here. If those clear/blue chairs didn’t come standard with the venue they are $10-$12 to rent per chair plus delivery and pickup. Costs add up pretty quickly.

yeah the flowers were$

not trying to be messy but

on how they met, he said that he pulled a dumb move twice, really, visually you wouldn't think that he would have so many options available to him
A very successful Black man who is decent looking? He has LOTS of options available to him, which is why this whole thing took 10 years instead of 2 (or 3, tops).

This looks like a beautiful, fun wedding. Everyone looks gorgeous!

$120k is a lot for a wedding

Believe or not, it's not really....especially in NY/NJ area.
My wedding was pretty up there (hopefully, likely, not THAT high). I stopped calculating after a while, to be honest. I, too, had no idea how it got so high, but thinking ballpark figures, it did.

And that location where they had the wedding is pretty popular for NYC. I've seen it tons of times on blogs, websites and such, when I was getting married. If you're getting married there, you're probably splurging on a lot of other things as well.

Back