black hair *the color* more excotic??

Isis said:
Black hair doesn't look good on everyone, it depends on one's skin tone. I know it doesn't look right on me, too harsh. When it does match a person's skin tone, off black and jet black hair looks gorgeous!

I agree. Jet black hair would be too harsh against my skin tone as well. My hair is dark brown now and it sometimes it seems too dark, making me look pale.

Thx for all your answers.Alot of people seem to connect brown hair with damaged hair,I read this on the board a couple times aswell.
Very intersting ladies,I think black would probably wash me out but I've seen some beautiful ladies with black hair.

Now you got me hooked with the thicker looking part I loooove thick hair,hmmmmmm maybe I should try black hair and see how it looks.

I recently got a jet black rinse for the first time and I love it. With relaxers, my hair has gotten progressively more brown. I find that my hair looks shinier and more healthy.

I love black hair also. It just look shiny and healthier to me.

I wore it for awhile but I saw a picture of myself and saw what my mom had been telling me for years. Jet Black and Blue Black makes me look washed out. My hair is a dark dark dark brown!

ella said:
Thx for all your answers.Alot of people seem to connect brown hair with damaged hair,I read this on the board a couple times aswell.
Very intersting ladies,I think black would probably wash me out but I've seen some beautiful ladies with black hair.

Now you got me hooked with the thicker looking part I loooove thick hair,hmmmmmm maybe I should try black hair and see how it looks.

Ella, if you go black be careful. Maybe try a wig to test the color. I just thought I was looking cute with the black!!! lol NOT! Our dark brown hair can look sexy too. :p

bellesocialite said:
I recently got a jet black rinse for the first time and I love it. With relaxers, my hair has gotten progressively more brown. I find that my hair looks shinier and more healthy.

This is my problem. I can tell the difference between my new growth and my relaxed hair. my NG is darker. im trying to get my hair darker using amla oil but if it doesnt work i think ill just use an off black rinse, im not sure i should go for jet black.

I'm not really a black hair fan. It's just... really black. I love color and highlights and variations of shade; that's prettiest to me. It can look too harsh on some people, but on others it's fitting.

Black hair makes me look like one of the undead. I've dyed my hair everything from platinum blond to indigo black - and the black is the only one I wouldn't do again.

My natural hair is a sandy dark brown with reddish highlights - and using henna has lightened it AND made it richer at the same time. I think it's because since there are more layers/thicker cuticles on my hair.

I think jet-black hair tends to look - artifical - esp, if the eyebrows are a much lighter/sandier color. :look: There was this one waitress at a restaurant I was at, and she had some of the thickest, prettiest, shinest, JET black hair I had ever seen. And if it hadn't been jetblack, I wouldn't have even wondered if it was a weave.

Babygurl said:
I dont know about black being more desireable but I LOVE the way light bounces off jet black hair...it seems so much more SHINY when its darker. My hair has noticeable shine increase with a jet black rinse.

Yea what she said. I color my hair black from time to time. It looks great with my skin tone.

Chayil

i don't know why but i wanna get a black rinse. i think black hair is gorgeous, especially when it's long and shiny. I also think it looks healthier.

cupcake said:
I don't know why it is considered 'exotic.' My natural hair color is 1B to Jet black and its ok. :perplexed I really like light brown hair with honey highlights. It goes better with my skin tone. I think black is sometimes too harsh for me.

I have seen black look reaaaalllly good on people though!

ITA, my hair is very dark and I am always trying something to make it lighter. I want to try a dark auburn color, I even bought it, but I'm too scared to try it:sad:

Letitia said:
Ella, if you go black be careful. Maybe try a wig to test the color. I just thought I was looking cute with the black!!! lol NOT! Our dark brown hair can look sexy too. :p

Thank you,your hair looks beautiful btw:)
I'am to scared to dye my hair anyways,now Locks told me that ORS Carrott Oil gave her hair a brown stain.... I'am patiently waiting for it to kick in:lol:

My hair is dark brown with alot of red in it. I LOVE dying my hair black. It actually looks better on me then my natural color. I notice that it makes my features, especially my eyes, stand out more. I dont think its more exotic.I think that maybe the deepness or even harshness of it catch attention.

But i have to appreciate that the different colors in my natual brown/red hair give me variety...

Both are very sexy though!

cupcake said:
I don't know why it is considered 'exotic.' My natural hair color is 1B to Jet black and its ok. :perplexed I really like light brown hair with honey highlights. It goes better with my skin tone. I think black is sometimes too harsh for me.

I have seen black look reaaaalllly good on people though!

ITA. My hair has always been black black with some blue in it at times. One drawback is I can't really color my hair - in a healthy way, anyway. Anything brown dosent take, it gives highlights at best. I am hoping to get some real length before I start to get grey, so I can at least show some of the color off in a real way. Most people - when they see it out - just assume I color.

Maybe people think it looks exotic because most other brown peoples have that jet black hair naturally - Asians and some Latinos, Native Americans etc. Also it makes people's colors contrast a lot more, the face turns paler and the eyes stand out more etc.

I always got a lot of compliments when I had jet black hair from time to time. I think it goes well with my yellowy/greenish undertones LOL

I also look great in black clothes - gives me tons of compliments. :yep:

So I guess if you have a warmer complexion like bronze or reddish I don't think black is a great choice.

For instance Beyoncé would look weird in jet black, but Alicia Keys looks great in it.

FlowerHair said:
Maybe people think it looks exotic because most other brown peoples have that jet black hair naturally - Asians and some Latinos, Native Americans etc. Also it makes people's colors contrast a lot more, the face turns paler and the eyes stand out more etc.

See that's the thing I love about rinsing my hair darker! I think it makes my eyes pop (even though I see through slits :lol:).

But when I rinse my hair darker, friends and family complain that it washes me out and that I am too pale for hair that dark. But nothing beats the shine and the healthier hair illusion darker hair gives.

Back