Black hair doesn't grow

Perhaps you could invite them to this site, so they can see just how much black hair Doesn't grow. :rolleyes: They need to be educated on black hair care.:yep: I sooooo can't with some people!:nono: I can't entertain ignorance, but even some AA people share the same view point.:wallbash: Knowledge is power!:grin:

I would have kindly given him this site's address and said his wife would be very interested in AA hair care techniques. It sounds like the Trini sister was mocking his ignorance.

Very good advice. If they really care about the childs well being they will come to this site or see a dermatologist and educate themselves....:nono:

This is just one more reason that in spite of my generally "enlightened" :rolleyes: racial attitudes, my heart hurts every time Black folks can't get their um... stuff together to raise their own children. I know it just leads to mess like this because we don't caretake for/adopt our own kids often enough and were it not for cross-racial adoptions even more of them would be languishing in the "system." However, you have NO BUSINESS WHATSOEVER with a Black child if you're sitting up looking at a bald spot after SIX MONTHS thinking it's normal because "Black hair doesn't grow." This doesn't apply to all non-Black caretakers and parents of Black kids. I've seen some really step up to the plate and learn to care for their babies hair, but it burns my biscuit when they don't.

I want to believe that anyone can love and nurture any child, but that is obviously not always the case. :nono: Hair knowledge is lacking among Blacks but I have only seen this kind of extreme WILLFUL ignorance among non-Blacks. I wouldn't even bother continuing to explain to this fool because this type of foolishness tends to persist in spite of any and all evidence to the contrary. A large part of his resistance (whether conscious or not) is probably that in his mind, you are part of the same group of people as the folks whose kids he is raising right now because they can't do it themselves. What could you possibly know? :rolleyes:

To the bolded: The same can be said for blacks.

I must find this book of universal myths about black folks that white folks always manage to read and then destroy it.

Back