Black Hair care products

I do use black hair care products, but I really have to think about it. When I go into the store I check the ingredients because the majority of products have petroleum and/or mineral oil. I happen to love Profectiv BreakFree and a select few other products, but I definitely think twice! When I look at "white" hair care products the last thing I look at is the ingredients. It's just a reflex. I don't do it on purpose. Oh and my friends always tell me not to use white people products beccause they aren't good for black hair so i like proving them wrong. not all black products are bad, but they tend to be a little to expensive for hair products. It's hard to find something .99 cent!!

another thing. some black hair products are too heavy. Grease is too heavy. Some oils are ok. A lot of the hairdressings are too heavy. The white products tend to be too light, but the products that are just "perfect" usually come from the white product side.

I have a few Elasta products, a leave-in and the Breakage Control Serum. That's about it. I've never liked the weight, oil or rx my hair's had to them. They just don't work well for me typically.

I have a bit of everything in my product line up. I have quite a few professional products from Biolage, TIGI, Kenra, and Sebastian. I love Dominican conditioners. I have some black products like the WGO I just bought, Profectiv, etc. What matters to me is if they work, not if they're for "black" or "white" hair.

I guess I use a combo of both, I use Motions products, and two hair cremes/grease that are from black hair companies. I also like Dominican products and the "white" products. Personally, I like oils or some type of creme or grease on my scalp, so black hair care products are good for that. But since I use all types of products, I am not prejudiced, I just use what's good or works for my hair..
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tai said:
What matters to me is if they work, not if they're for "black" or "white" hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, when I first cut all my hair off I used paul mitchell products exclusively and I felt like they had been custom made for me. But when I would recommend them to my black friends most would just automatically say 'oh that wont work for me its for whites blah blah blah'
Old habits are hard to break I guess....

[ QUOTE ]
so1913 said:
While some of the "drugstore" "black" products may not be of high quality, I think more of the professional lines like KeraCare, Mizani, and Design Essentials work well on textured hair...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same. The salon quality products such as KeraCare and Design Essentials work much better for me than the non-salon ones. But I also really like the natural products (oils & butters etc...)
smile.gif

Back