Black Dyed Hair

I've noticed a lot of black girls dye their hair black, why? Anyone knows why? I am SO curious! And it makes their hair thick..am I right? I wanna try black dye for my hair...should I be warned about it first? :look: I think black looks beautiful!

I dyed my hair black. It doesnt thicken hair but henna does.

I think black hair is sexy and exotic. Thats why I dyed it. I used indigo because I'm relaxed.

I use to dye my hair black and I loved it because it was always shiny. The downside is that it took for ever for me to get the color out and I experienced some damage therefore I will never dye mine black again because I like the flexibility of being able to change to different shades.

I'm pretty sure dye doesn't make your hair thick. I use black rinses occasionally- it is pretty and makes your hair appear shinier and fuller. My hair is naturally two-toned, black & brown. They can be kind of drying, though. I never use permanent color.

I absolutely love black hair. It makes my features stand out and looks great against my skin. However, I experience way too much damage from dye. I'm too lazy to henna :sleeping: I've learned to live with my natural color, although I do experience occassional hair envy when I see someone with a nice head of BLACK hair. :kick:

I love the blue black, midnight black, and jet black colors. It does bring out your features more. I noticed when I put light colors in my hair it makes my skin look dull. With black hair my features and make-up look better.

It also makes your hair look super shiny and healthy. Also if your edges are looking jacked up you can cover it with black hair dye.

Deafprincess, Henna is a natural hair dye that they use in India and other countries. It makes your hair strong and dyes your hair red. Its pretty messy and the process takes hours so use it at your own risk LOL

Read about it here http://www.hennaforhair.com/

Naturallycurly has a sticky on henna as well
http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=28006

I used to dye my hair black a few years ago. I didn't realize that black dye is as harmful to your hair as dying it black (this is what my stylist told me). I also noticed that I could dye my hair red with no problems, but the minute I touched black I was setting myself up for breakage. Anyway now that I have so many greys in the front I stay away from black dye. I think it looks exotic and looks very nice on me... unfortunately you can also see the greys a mile away the minute my hair grows back.

I haven't henna'd since May, but when I do it permanently dyes my white hair red. It gives my hair nice highlights and doesn't wash out. DP, don't use Henna unless you've read a thread on how to use it. The henna can dry out your hair like nobody's business.

Because black is beautiful and makes you look like a femme fatale!!! GGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRR..LOL

I've noticed a lot of black girls dye their hair black, why? Anyone knows why? I am SO curious! And it makes their hair thick..am I right? I wanna try black dye for my hair...should I be warned about it first? :look: I think black looks beautiful!

I like black hair for the same reasons as some of y'all (exotic, thick, shiny), but also b/c I'm scared to go lighter (much harsher process on fine relaxed hair). And my eyebrows are black, so it all goes together, lol

I luv my hair black....for all the reasons the ladies above stated. Especially since my hair is thin....it gives it a more fuller look.

Back