Black Castor Oil versus regular Castor Oil

Prosperity711

I'm thinking about ordering some black castor oil, I have been using regular castor oil for about 2 weeks, is there really a difference? :perplexed

If you have used both, what results did you get in one that you didn't get in the other one?

Black castor oil is more effective. I think the blear one is really good for oiling the hiar, sealing etc. I don't use my clear one as much as the black one. I use the black one on my scalp for growth and thickness

Never used the clear but from the product raves and my own usage with the "black laxative" which had my morning after hair looking thick, shiny and "hot comb looking" I am definitely on the "black laxative" bandwagon. I do despise the pricing.

I've been using the regular castor oil, but I ordered Black castor Oil today...I heard its more effective but I can't really say for myself yet!

I've never used the clear, so I have nothing to compare it to, but in the past when I was doing research on castor oil, the general conception was that black castor oil was better. So that's what I went with.

Brooklyn South said:
Hijacking, sorry.............ADRIAN?? How did you like SE? I am really happy with the texture, look and feel.

Girl, I love it. I am so happy I purchased it. After so many rave reviews on her I decided to give it a try. Because it wasn't expensive I just kind of overlooked it and figured it wasn't worth anything. I'm glad I was wrong.

Adrian said:
Girl, I love it. I am so happy I purchased it. After so many rave reviews on her I decided to give it a try. Because it wasn't expensive I just kind of overlooked it and figured it wasn't worth anything. I'm glad I was wrong.

Ditto!:) :) :) :)

yankgal007 said:
So do u put it on your scalp or jus put it in your hair?

I'd like to know this too. What is the best use for it ? If used on the scalp and hair does it make your hair limp and greasy? Or is it only used to seal the ends?

Is there another place to order it from besides Sams? Until I find another, I'll continue to use the clear variety.

This is a very timely thread. I have had good experience using the clear and I just ordered the black so I'm interested in the differences between the 2 also.

I have used both.Right now I am using the clear castor oil. I really don't see a difference between the two. For me they work the same;)

seraphinelle said:
I would like to know this also. I'm using the clear one.

OT: *gasp* Seraphinelle, ure avatar is THE most adorable thing ive ever since!!! Awwww!!!!!

i used the regular one for years and did not see any reason to change. however, just with all the other products you guys rave about that get my pjism going this had me running to the farmers market as well. and i must say it was well worth it.

i wear roller sets now (thanks to the board). so after i do my wash and set on the week-end i use my ojon moisture mist daily and i seal in the moisture with the black castor oil. and boy my hair feel very moisturized and soft afterwards. i find myself sitting at my desk feeling my hair all day. i dont know what it is that make them different, but i tell you i love the black castor oil. i have more than half a bottle left and each day i use it i find myself telling my self how i better go buy some more because i am afraid of running out. one difference i find in the two is that the regular seems to coat my hair leaving very heavy film (almost sticky), but the black oil do not. it just coats it and leave it very soft.

between my rollersets, no direct heat regimine, ojon moisture mist, black castor oil, olive oil and s-curl i have found myself not having to stress over end breakage like i used to. so for that i am very thankful.

Where is the farmers market that carriers the jbco?? I'm in Fayetteville right now and would love to find out where to go to pick up some.

The one I've heard of in Atlanta is the market called 285. It's right off the Covington Hwy exit. I haven't gone by there yet, since I live in Gwinnett County.

I'm using the cold pressed, cold processed from Whole foods. I absolutely love it. Maybe BCO is better, but I love this so much I don't wanna change.

Chayil

I went to the 285 farmers market about nine days ago. They have the four ounce size of the Jamaican Black Castor Oil for $5.79 right in a glass case in the front. I did not buy it because I had already placed an order with Sams 24/7 for three eight ounce bottles. I mostly use the JBCO on my scalp. I add the clear castor oil to my conditioners. Recently, I have smoothed on a bit of BCO on my hair after a CO wash and it came out nicely. When I smooth clear castor oil on my hair, it tends to be a bit gummy and tacky and, in the morning, too soft and cottony. I just get soft, smooth hair when I smooth on the JBCO. I don't do it often because it is really my scalp oil.

Back