BKT Pricing???

Whimsy

Is this good or bad?

$70 per ounce used?

I passed a salon up by me (in the most dominican area of NYC) because I saw a sign saying $99 BKT!

I thought that may be a good deal so I stopped in to get info for you LHCFers.

So the owner told me it was a sale for $99 per ounce but that the new sale is $70 per ounce.

I then asked how many ounces would be used on my hair. (my hair was post-deep trim, straightened and in a ponytail) The lead stylist lady took a quick look and said 4.

So that would make the price with the sale $280!!!

For temporary straightening? that sounds nutty to me. BUT I wanted to know if that's a good deal or not.

If it is, I'll go back and get the info for any of the NYC folks who may be interested. The salon seemed clean enough, well ventilated and bright on an easy to get to street (Dykman) in upper manhattan (Inwood).

$280 sounds nutty to me, too, Whimsy! Some are paying it but I doubt that's what the deal was. I bet it was $99 for the treatment. I think he just saw your hair and started thinking dollar signs. It costs them about $9 per ounce to purchase the treatment.

I called NY for a quote and was told $400 :blush: I would say you got a deal :grin:

Needless to say, I am out of wanting a BKT. :nono:

I just wanted straight hair for a wedding in June, to show off some length, the brides request, but not for that kind of money, and all I am going to do is bun it back up :grin:

Back