BKT as a texturizer:

Dellas

Has anyone thought of using BKT as a texturizer? When I used BKT, I noticed during the treatment---> my hair was processed very well. Very much elongated curls. I wondered if I could have not applied heat and just had a textured hair. Has anyone notice that? or thought about it?

Yeah I though about it in the past when people kept saying that it doesn't really straighten highly textured curly hair.

From what I've experienced you dont want to texturize with a relaxer first hand if you want to only loosen your curls. I know for my hair it went wavy straight instead of looser curls. If you have dyed ends or highlights it may still not give you the best outcome. Any hair that has been chemically altered will be looser and silkier than the virgin hair. I would suggest getting the texturized effect on virgin hair. And just do it as many times as needed until you get the looseness you desire. After that you would probably want to wait every 3 months or so before doing it again. Or wait until you see signs that your hair is starting to revert back to normal. This way you dont straighten out your hair too much. This is the only way I can imagine it working out nicely.

Yeah I though about it in the past when people kept saying that it doesn't really straighten highly textured curly hair.

From what I've experienced you dont want to texturize with a relaxer first hand if you want to only loosen your curls. I know for my hair it went wavy straight instead of looser curls. If you have dyed ends or highlights it may still not give you the best outcome. Any hair that has been chemically altered will be looser and silkier than the virgin hair. I would suggest getting the texturized effect on virgin hair. And just do it as many times as needed until you get the looseness you desire. After that you would probably want to wait every 3 months or so before doing it again. Or wait until you see signs that your hair is starting to revert back to normal. This way you dont straighten out your hair too much. This is the only way I can imagine it working out nicely.

I agree with your post. I just got the BKT done on virgin hair and it looks like it did when I had a texturizer. Well actually it looks a little better and I don't have any tangles!! :yep:

I’ve debated texturizing for the longest time and I’ve made up my mind to do so. Tangles, single/double triple etc. strand knots have don’t it for me - But I wouldn’t mind doing a bkt and NOT use heat if I get texturized results?

Are there any thread about this? I cant seem to find any.

I’ve debated texturizing for the longest time and I’ve made up my mind to do so. Tangles, single/double triple etc. strand knots have don’t it for me - But I wouldn’t mind doing a bkt and NOT use heat if I get texturized results?

Are there any thread about this? I cant seem to find any.

Hey there, Lebiya, I hear you on being done with the single strand knots :nono: A BKT with no heat won't bond to the hair, though. So when you wash it'll wash down the drain.

Back