Bittersweet news....

Cayenne0622

Well, I'm going to have to let go of the baggy challenge and a product that I recently started using. Over the last week or so my hair has been breaking way more than normal and the shedding that I hadn't seen since last December showed its ugly face. I shampoo'd my hair last night and flat-ironed it today to see just what expected...obvious areas where the hair is broken. :(

Anywho, I wish everyone else the best of luck with the challenges. For now, I'm going to stick with what got my hair back healthy, loose bunning, henna and moisture, moisture, moisture.

OH! I titled the thread bittersweet because for the first time, I'm able to identify the possible culprits and stop before too much damage was done.

LUV YA!!
C

Last edited:
Well, I'm glad you found out what was causing your problems, girlie. Best of luck to you in your hair journey! This hair thing is *definitely* a learning process....:look:

That's good that you were able to identify the cause of the breakage immediately, and hence discontinue bagging your entire head.:)

As for me, I'm still learning my hair. I have been having some breakage as well, but I'm not sure if it is the bagging or not. It may be that I just need to relax.

HHG

No doubt you will get your hair back on track. The wonderful thing is that you've identified the culprit and can fix the problem. Good luck babygirl!

Thanks so much everybody. Once things get back under control I'm still going to try to baggy once or twice a week for that extra moisture kick. I guess I just can't do it every night.

You have to do what's best for your hair. It's funny you mentioned this, because I was thinking the same thing last night. I my hair likes the balance of protein and moisture. Too much of either and my hair goes haywire.

divinefavor said:
You have to do what's best for your hair. It's funny you mentioned this, because I was thinking the same thing last night. I my hair likes the balance of protein and moisture. Too much of either and my hair goes haywire.

I think that's case with my hair too. I never thought I could experience too much moisture...its just never happened before. Then again, I've never baggied my relaxed hair before either. I'm sure I just have to adjust my program.

I wondered about bagging so much. But as I hear things work differently on everybody. Yup too much moisture can break the hair.

Can someone direct me to the protein and moisture balance info. I think I am searchin wrong.

Cayenne0622 said:
Well, I'm going to have to let go of the baggy challenge and a product that I recently started using. Over the last week or so my hair has been breaking way more than normal and the shedding that I hadn't seen since last December showed its ugly face. I shampoo'd my hair last night and flat-ironed it today to see just what expected...obvious areas where the hair is broken. :(

Anywho, I wish everyone else the best of luck with the challenges. For now, I'm going to stick with what got my hair back healthy, loose bunning, henna and moisture, moisture, moisture.

OH! I titled the thread bittersweet because for the first time, I'm able to identify the possible culprits and stop before too much damage was done.

LUV YA!!
C

Sorry that you're experiencing breakage. What was the product that you're letting go along with the bagging?

Cayenne0622 said:

LUV YA!!
C

I'm glad you figured it out in time. To me that's what it's all about... finding what works and what doesn't work for you.

Snuckles said:
Sorry that you're experiencing breakage. What was the product that you're letting go along with the bagging?

I'll PM you because I don't want to mention the product here unless I am 100% sure that it contributed to the breakage and shedding. For now, it could be the baggying or the product or a combination of both. Not sure yet.

AWWW, SORRY TO HEAR IT DIDNT WORK OUT FOR YOU. BUT I'M DEFINENTLY GLAD THAT YOU FIGURED IT OUT IN TIME. WHAT WORKS FOR SOME MAY NOT WORK FOR OTHERS.
GOOD LUCK ON EVERYTHING ELSE, I'M SURE YOU'LL FIND SOMETHING TO HALT THE BREAKAGE.

Back