Biotin reaction

Sassygoddess

I started taking Biotin 2500mcg GNC brand along with one a day the beginning of this week. and i notice my skin has been itching alot. could it just be my skin releaasing toxin and it will past in a couple days, or am i having an allergic reaction. has anyone had this problem or is it just me.

f

No I take 3600 mg a day and I have been itching a lot I just thought I needed to change my soap. Something to consider.

i know it's not the one a day, because i've taken it before and never had this reaction. i will stop the biotin and see what happens. this always happen when i take hair vitamin. once i took horsetail and it gave me headaces and i took hair skin and nails and it also gave me headace. i thought it was because i had to take 2 HUGE pills 3x a day. maybe the dose is too high.

I think each individual have to play with the dosages to see what is best for them. As for me I take a very high dosage of Biotin and it doesn't effects me. The only thing that I have had a reaction to is B-12. But Ihad to adjustteh dosage. HTH:)

I noticed the same with Horsetail...a friend of mine that had long hair told me about taking Horsetail and how it made her hair grow long..so i went and brought the supplements and tried to take them..but i would start itching also from taking them..so i had to stop taking them...i take a small dosage of biotin vitamins and never had a problem with them..but its a real real small dosage of it that i get from walgreens in small disc like size pills...but then again if you are taking other supplements these supplements may also contain horsetail, biotin etc in them...so just be careful with what you are taking...

I can't take straight biotin suppliments because I will itch like crazy! But I do take vitamins with high dosage of biotin and I have had no itching...go figure!

okay at least i know i'm not alone. i may have to switch to a smaller dose. i would hate to waste what i just brought. i paid $14 for a bottle of 60. oh well, beats itching all night.

thanks everyone

I loved the results i got from biotin, but what i didn't love was the stache i started to get!!!! So i had to stop taking it. but i never experienced itching.

I had extreme headaches with it, every single day, nearly ALL day... so i let go, and took in once in a while. I was taking it with the B-Complex too... i have taken either in months, i just stick to a multivitamin now b/c for me, none of those vitamins are a guarantee that i'll get a lot of growth. I'm not more concerned about keeping my hair moisturized which is a hard task :(

I had to exclude GNC Biotin from my vitamin regime completely. I was having too many breakouts even with low dosage. I mean HORRIBLE break outs. So now I am taking Vitamin Shoppe Silica instead with no problems. I just started taking Puritans Pride hair vitamins and it does contain Biotin but so far I have not experienced any breakouts but I will still pay close attention to how my skin will react to it after taking it for a longer period of time.

Back