biotin question

prettynina

i started out with 1000mcg biotin but now i want to increase it ,but the botte is not even half empty yet ,so i want to know if its ok to take 2 pills per day instead of 1 eventhough the direction clearly state to take 1 pill daily

I started out taking 1000mcg,then upped to 1500, and then 3000. I just today decreased my dosage back down to 1500mcg because my 2 other vitamins have biotin in them and I felt like I was taking too much. I think its okay for u to take 2 of the 1000 mcg pills because I was taking 2 of the 1500mcg pills

Nina, it should be OK, taking two gets you 2 MGs. Let your body or your physician tell you if it is a tolerable amount. Jay, you made me think...I am actually taking more than 5mgs because my multivitamin has 30mcgs and my two daily Solaray hair nutrients have a total of 2mg, so total daily is a little more than 7mgs.

^^I would also like to know!! I know this has cleared up my skin ALOT!!! MY skin is brighter and very clear!!! I saw this when taking 1000mcg's and this was after two days!! I had 3 big large NASTY pimples lol(dunno why i broke out all of a sudden) and they went away in two days!!

shocol said:
Ladies who are taking 5 mg/day, is it increasing your growth significantly?

TIA

I wanna say HELLS yah but seriously I take different vitamins so I can't say if it's just biotin but I know biotin has alot to do with my growth:)

I actually passed on buying some 1000mcg Botion tonight because I thought it would be to much with me taking Andrew Lessman's Hair,Skin and Nails. I might go back an get myself a bottle now that I see many of you are taking 2 mg and more.;)

In abundant grace~

Natalie

BrooklynSouth said:
Nina, it should be OK, taking two gets you 2 MGs. Let your body or your physician tell you if it is a tolerable amount. Jay, you made me think...I am actually taking more than 5mgs because my multivitamin has 30mcgs and my two daily Solaray hair nutrients have a total of 2mg, so total daily is a little more than 7mgs.
wow brooklynsouth 7 mcgs:eek: ,i dont think ill go up that much:lol:

I think it really has to do with a person body because at 5000mcg, I was not noticing any growth. But now that I am up to 8mg.. I am noticing growth.. So I think that you need to play with the dosage and see whats right for you. Plus, Biotin is a Bvitamin, so what ever you dont need will be flushed out.

southernbg said:
I actually passed on buying some 1000mcg Botion tonight because I thought it would be to much with me taking Andrew Lessman's Hair,Skin and Nails. I might go back an get myself a bottle now that I see many of you are taking 2 mg and more.;)

In abundant grace~

Natalie

I did the same thing because I also take Andrew Lessman's Hair,Skin and Nails which I love!!!!:p So I think I'm going to get either 500 or 1000mcg, to add with the Andrew Lessman's Hair,Skin and Nails.:look:

OK Nina, we will see. I said the same thing when I started here at LHCF. I am surprised at the things I do now, such as daily buns, daily supplements, drinking more than two quarts of water a day, checking in here:user: multiple times a day like an addict, wearing plastic caps all night sometimes all day under scarves or hats, washing with conditioners, washing my hair every four days, driving miles to find a particular product, spending hundreds:dollar: of dollars on HAIR products, becoming a familiar face at many BSS stores, enough to be given samples, doing Surge, Aphogee, french rolls, MTG {who :nono: me, horse mane conditioner!?}, all types of conditioners, shampoos, cutting back on salon visits 'cause I can do better myself with many services, doing research even at work violating computer usage policy {always connecting the research in some small way to proper work usage!}, buying books on hair health, making my own hair and scalp concoctions. The desire for healthy hair and knowing I can grow to great lengths has made me a believer and the ladies here can attest to the changes which can become 'normal' routine in your hair life.
HHG New Year to you!!!!!!!:rosebud:
{happy hair growing}

Back