Biotin helps with weight loss?

jetbeauty09

I was reading the bottle before popping a pill and the bottle for Biotin says "....is essential for the intermediate metabolism of carbs, proteins and fats."

Does that mean it will help with weight loss? I've heard some people getting a lil bloated :blush: from either MSM or Biotin (I'm taking both) but I can't remember which one. Has anyone lost weight with either one of them? I could lose another 25lbs!!!:grin:

:lachen:I know right? I'm watching it closely. I heard that if you take it with a multi-vitamin it should help with that. Here goes....

I took it with vitamin b complex. no luck at all. I also was taking 5,000 which is a very high dosage. Im gonna try cutting it in half and I'll see how it goes. GOOD LUCK! hope someone can answer your question.

tatambabyy--I thought you were gonna cut your dose down? LOL I do 2000mcg and that's it!!! That seems to work fine for me! I also take mine with Vitamin C which stops the zits in their tracks! (also fights the flu and makes your immune system stronger.

I've been taking both for a while and I haven't lost any weight because of it. I think that it helps metabolize the carbs and fats that you are eating not stored fat. I could be wrong.

I took Biotin once, no weight loss just zits and then I decided enough w/ vitamins and on to real food. I eat right now and I take a super food chlorella(for hair and health).

I HAVE lost weight with that. At this point I've lost 14 pounds and it's been one day shy of a month.

Maybe someone else can give some good news about biotin though! Good luck.

I've been taking it for over a year and I haven't noticed a difference in my weight (I do exercise and don't eat much).

tatambabyy--I thought you were gonna cut your dose down? LOL I do 2000mcg and that's it!!! That seems to work fine for me! I also take mine with Vitamin C which stops the zits in their tracks! (also fights the flu and makes your immune system stronger.
Im trying girl, Im trying! Im too scared. I finally got this forehead under control. Im gonna cut my 5,000 mcg into four sections, not two. :lachen:

I took it with vitamin b complex. no luck at all. I also was taking 5,000 which is a very high dosage. Im gonna try cutting it in half and I'll see how it goes. GOOD LUCK! hope someone can answer your question.

Wow, that is pretty high. I'm only taking 1000. I plan to up it as times go on.

I've been taking both for a while and I haven't lost any weight because of it. I think that it helps metabolize the carbs and fats that you are eating not stored fat. I could be wrong.

From the looks of things I don't think it does either...shoot! :perplexed

I took Biotin once, no weight loss just zits and then I decided enough w/ vitamins and on to real food. I eat right now and I take a super food chlorella(for hair and health).

I HAVE lost weight with that. At this point I've lost 14 pounds and it's been one day shy of a month.

Maybe someone else can give some good news about biotin though! Good luck.

I need to go read the posts about that stuff! Thanks!

Biotin is the dietary source of many coenzymes, like Biocytin, that play a role in energy transfer and nutrient catabolism in the body. This is why biotin, in conjuction with a healthy intake of the other B vitamins, seems to help some people in weight loss and in preventing weight gain.

Back