Biotin = Breakouts??

asubeauty

I bought some Biotin the other week mostly because it was cheap. LOL I remembered reading about it here on LHCF and I knew a few ppl who were taking it, so I figured, "why not?"

After about a week, I started noticing that I was breaking out. Not really like pimples, more like a lot of little red bumps that looked like a rash. I don't know what happened...:nono:

You have them too? I knew it was that damn Biotin... Im gonna stop. My skin is normally clear and now im breaking out on my forehead and my cheeks... not happy

Biotin = breakouts for real. No matter how much water I drank I got bad bumps. Some are successful with it and others like myself cant take it. I am soooooo tempted b/c it works well and I have about 5 bottles sitting in my cabinet.

Hot d*mn!!! I just posted in the vitamin challenge how I was breaking out. I couldn't pinpoint it, it's gotta be that blasted Biotin!! :wallbash:

Yep, Biotin = Breakouts, but if you use a b-complex or b-12 it may help. I am taking too much so I stopped using it and take flaxseed MSM tablets and carrot juice instead. HTH

I bought some Biotin the other week mostly because it was cheap. LOL I remembered reading about it here on LHCF and I knew a few ppl who were taking it, so I figured, "why not?"

After about a week, I started noticing that I was breaking out. Not really like pimples, more like a lot of little red bumps that looked like a rash. I don't know what happened...:nono:

yep you must absolutely increase your water intake, the more vits u take if you want to limit pimples and breakouts but with biotin its almost inevitable. mine are less there now that i use more msm but doubled my water consumption. the less water, the more breakouts :wallbash:

I thought that I drank a good amount of water already. I might just have to put off this one until the summer. I can't leave class 8458728547 times to use the bathroom... :lol:

Cut your dose in half and double the amount of water you drink. Wait atleast 2 weeks before you increase your dose again.

I thought it was because the start of all the oils in my regime:rolleyes:. I did break out, but now it is getting better. I do drink lots of water also.

Wow, sorry you are having such a hard time with Biotin. I would cut it out of the regimen for 2 weeks and see if you see an improvement in your skin. Is adding biotin the only thing you have changed in your diet?

I thought that I drank a good amount of water already. I might just have to put off this one until the summer. I can't leave class 8458728547 times to use the bathroom... :lol:

No you didn't type in an amount! :lachen:

As for the OP- the same thing happened to me. So not worth it. :nono:

Yes, drink water .........i have really bad skin but at a point, i was taking 5000mcg of biotin and powdered MSM and i dont recall breaking out.

yea i've been noticing the pimples too... i'm going to cut my pills in half since i'm taking 1000 mcg a day.. i hope it helps..

I've heard that a lot of people experience this. I haven't taken biotin in ages but when I did I started out with a lower dose because I had heard so many people say the same thing. I agree with drinking lots of water, but also maybe start out with a lower dose and then build up from there.

I have reviewed using Biotin and I too suffered break outs. :ohwell:

In my review I have an alternative for using Biotin topically to reap the benefits without the break outs. :yep:

I drank the right amount of water, tried different doses, at night vs, in the morning, etc. and still had break outs. No fun at all.:nono:

yep you must absolutely increase your water intake, the more vits u take if you want to limit pimples and breakouts but with biotin its almost inevitable. mine are less there now that i use more msm but doubled my water consumption. the less water, the more breakouts :wallbash:
Hey Girl, how you doing??

I agree, the water is soooo important and I found over time it gets bestter. Water Water Water and make sure you are eating a good bit of fiber and fresh fruits. That helped me a great deal.

I have reviewed using Biotin and I too suffered break outs. :ohwell:

In my review I have an alternative for using Biotin topically to reap the benefits without the break outs. :yep:

I drank the right amount of water, tried different doses, at night vs, in the morning, etc. and still had break outs. No fun at all.:nono:
how do you use it topically and how can i get some?

Each and every time I took Biotin, no matter how small the amount, or how much I increased my water, I turned into a crater face.
Not having alot of acne when I was in my teens, This was straight embarrassing, and the scars would remain on my forehead for months...:nono:

I'm on week three of using a multi with biotin in it and my breakouts have slowed down and all but stopped. I think I'll keep taking it if I don't have more breakouts like I was having. That was just not cute. :nono:

i just started taking this. it says on my bottle "to maintain healthy skin and hair" :look:. the bottle of biotin is 666% of rda but coupled with my other vits, i'm taking in an additional 133% of my rda of this. that's an ish load of biotin :perplexed:.

Last edited:
Back