Biotin and acne

Some people get break outs from taking biotin. Maybe you should increase your water intake or decrease the amount of biotin you're taking.

ok i'll drink more water because im only taking one tablet a day.

Thank you for the reply!
smile.gif

Yeah, I recently slowed down my water intake to barely none. Why oh why did I do that
cry3.gif
? I have two large bumps on my face that are quite painful. Needless to say, yesterday, I went back to my damn near gallon of water a day.

yeah -- i heard about a lot of people who've stopped using biotin because it broke them out. i was a little apprehensive about using it at first because of that -- but, it hasn't been bad. no breakouts for me...but i've also been drinking a lot of water, that might be helping? who knows. haha

well taking the biotin internally helps to thicken the hair as it grows out your scalp. I only take 1500mcg=1.5mg, so people take as much as 5000mg, check to see how much you are taking, look to see it its mcg or mg. It could be breaking you out because its detoxing your system. My first 2 weeks I got small blackheads (which I never get) but it went away after that.

i did'nt have any breakouts. i take 10mg = 10000mcg a day. but i also drink 3litres of water a day. i think the extra water helps

[ QUOTE ]
alliyah4eva203 said:
i did'nt have any breakouts. i take 10mg = 10000mcg a day. but i also drink 3litres of water a day. i think the extra water helps

[/ QUOTE ]

oh wow, 10mg I feel like i'm not taking enough now. I might take more pills to up my biotin intake.

Back