Bigen Haircolor

I used to apply it to my neighbors hair and my mothers hair. It covers grey well and is more gentle than your traditional hair color. If I am correct you can use this the same day as relaxing.

I think Nay007 uses this; if she doesn't respond, you might want to PM her.
smile.gif
I do know that she always says good things about it...

I was told I could but wanted to be sure. I received my relaxer last week so I should be safe. Thanks!!!
drunk.gif

I have used bigen hair color and i loved it. I accidentally turned my hair a nice combination of orange, yeallow, red and green and it covered the botched dye job up completely and my hair survived in what seemed like a healthier state (go figure). I would definitely recommend it!

I haven't used it but have heard nothing but good things about it. Many ladies from the old LHL site used it.

Leigh

I am thinking of switching to bigen myself. Does it come off on your pillowcases/clothes when you wash you hair?

no it never stained my pillow cases. i remember when i used feria one time and everything turned black, my bathrobe, my pillow cases...all the towels it was horrible...but i found the color for me now:)

It is a really good hairdye. My dad uses it. Note of caution: It does stain things like crazy. Use a black satin pillow case on the day you apply it and keep away from light colors until it completely ceases to come off (roughly a day).

My girlfriend uses Bigen (Oriental Black)
Her hair looks amazing! The color is vibrant and the sheen of her hair is beyond reflective!
I haven't heard anything bad about this line of hair color!

Amberskye and dontdpeakdefeat, thanks
Just 1 more question. The link you gave says it doesn't have ammonia but doesn't mention peroxide. Does that mean that it has some? I wonder what chemicals it uses since it is permamnent, I thought it could be damaging somehow. I don't know.

Just an added note about Bigen - the difference between this and say, regular permie color, is that all it requires is a gentle lifting of the cuticle, so that it can then DEPOSIT color. You'll notice there are no reds and blonds in the Bigen family of colors.

Since no pigment removal is necessary, it doesn't include no ammonia is necessary. The levels of peroxide are also lower. All it effectuates is a gentle lifting of the cuticle - whereupon the Bigen color is deposited into the cortex (hence the "deposit only" references on the box). No pigment REMOVAL takes place. All your natural pigment remains intact. Leaving the hair a little healthier than when you are trying to do the Eve thing...
smile.gif

Hi I got a Bigen color once from my stylist and it basically dried out my hair! I would never use it again!..It was a major set back for me and I had to basically cut my hair short to get it to grow back. Might work for you though, but it was just to harsh for me.
ohwell.gif

I used Bigen about two months ago. The hair is in the same condition pre-Bigen. The color did not rub off. It stained the bathroom stuff and I used Denture powder to fade the stains.

My only problem: There was not enough in one box for me to completely cover all the hair. I apparently need to use two (2) boxes at a time.

Thanks Bett1e,

I always like to hear from someone with the same type hair as mine. I believe I will use it.

Thanks Again to all of you for your insight!

Unless Bigen has been changed recently, it is a hair dye with the most highly concentrated amounts of para-phenylenediamine (PPD to be found in hair dyes. You might want to do a Yahoo search on Phenylenediamine and contact dermatitis. It can be pretty nasty stuff with consequences that include skin outbreaks (rashes) to causing irreversable sensitivity to all dyes to potential internal damage. Most permanent hair dyes have some degree of phenylenediamine in them...Bigen has the motherlode.

Bigen is often the black hair dye of choice of people who make "Black Henna" designs on skin that frequently cause mild to severe skin reactions and sometimes more long term damage.

I used Bigen years ago. It colored my hair a wonderful black. But I found it overtime to make my hair feel more brittle and eventually to leave my hair more reddish colored as the black wore out. Which is strange since I was putting Bigen on black hair to make it more black.

Just to say, check out what is listed as the ingredient in Bigen and if it is still the same para-phenylenediamine (PPD...please read up on the potential harm (short-term and long-term) of its use beyond its effect on hair.

The issues with Bigen can be less about what is not in it, as the product information relates, and more about what it is in it.

HennaJoy

Back